Author Topic: Most of My Flashlight Collection  (Read 262 times)

Offline SG-1

Most of My Flashlight Collection
« on: November 23, 2017, 02:57:19 AM »
I used to think I had too many,  but after seeing other members collections...

A few lights are MIA or just buried beyond my motivation to dig them out right now.

Offline bykfixer

Re: Most of My Flashlight Collection
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2017, 11:56:55 PM »
Um, err, uh... that's enough.
Nice mixture of old and new  8)

Oh, and welcome to TFF.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2017, 01:26:30 AM by bykfixer »
John 3:16

Offline SG-1

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2017, 03:19:41 AM »
Thanks bykfixer,

I was getting feelings of inadequacy over my puny collection !

Offline bykfixer

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2017, 09:54:22 PM »
Very practical assortment that has grown into a collection.
I like Nebo products a lot. You have a wise collection.

I don't show most of my "practical" stuff but that's where it all began... a Coast HP7, energizer hard case and some Nebos along with a slew of cheap checkout counter lights that are scattered about. Like the soldiers they are, they don't sit around looking all pretty. Instead they stand guard waiting to be called into action.
John 3:16

Offline SG-1

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2017, 10:37:13 PM »
The only thing I do not like about Nebo is the run time.  They need to make a line of Larrys & other COB flashlights that use 18650 or some other lithium-ion battery. A solid three hours of run time would be good for starters. I use rechargeable batteries in my Nebos at work. I try to avoid flashlights that do not use replaceable batteries. If I want I can carry an extra battery & exchange it while the other charges.

Yes, my collection is mostly specialty working lights.

Offline quangtan

• Thế giới đčn trang trí nội ngoại thất cao cấp
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2017, 03:51:49 AM »
I want to your collection but i don't have a lot of money
The store sell "den soi tranh" with the cheapest in the world

Offline SG-1

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2017, 08:06:33 PM »
Most of the flashlights I have are under fifty bucks.  There are some exceptions on the counter, like the Klaris laying at the bottom right.  It think it is the most expensive light I have, coming in just under one hundred dollars. I did buy better batteries than the ones supplied with the light.

The yellow "Nudive" dive light (laying on it's side) was bought through a sportsman discount business years ago, so it was under fifty dollars, I actually have three of these.  Great during very inclement weather, but I do have to buy special C cell batteries that will operate in cold weather.  The switch can be operated while wearing mittens. It was the first light I bought that had a perfectly round beam pattern. One of these stays on duty at the back door.

Even the Glare Beam with the five heads only costs like forty-two dollars. My new search & rescue light. Hopefully just search.   It is the most powerful, lumen wise, light I own. We actually have two of them. One of them is on duty at the back door.

The Ustellar Lantern has the tightest beam & longest throw.  I wish its batteries could be removed & swapped out with a fresh set.

The most useless light on the counter is for blood tracking. It's the black one right behind the red Nebo Larry. 

For the most part I only add one or two new lights per year.  This year being an exception with 18650 powered the headlamps & flashlights.

Right now I am shifting to flashlights that use 18650 batteries.