Author Topic: The Bykfixer collection  (Read 11702 times)

Offline bykfixer

Re: The Bykfixer collection
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2018, 05:26:11 PM »

A little vintage gunmetal SureFire action.

Rare blue Streamlight Keymate incan
« Last Edit: May 12, 2018, 10:37:06 PM by bykfixer »
John 3:16

Offline bykfixer

« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2018, 01:58:43 AM »

3 Pentagon L2's added.
Seller wanted $25 for all 3 so that was hard to pass up.

It's been a quiet year collecting-wise. Instead of adding more and more in some kind of drunken sailor fashion, I'm being very picky and enjoying the plethora I already own.

Offline bykfixer

« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2018, 09:14:54 PM »
Hey Wilson....

I got another SureFire the other day.

A pre-built lego.
SureFire's new Aviator body mimics an E1 body very well.

Also decided to see what those crazy kids at Quik Lite were all excited about.

Peachy keen little flashlights.

Cop light family reunion.
100+ years of police lights all gathered for a photo earlier today to welcome the newest member the Quik Lite pro hands free ticket lighter.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2018, 10:36:37 PM by bykfixer »

Offline bykfixer

« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2018, 02:17:32 AM »
The aviator in the previous post now has a Tana singLED in 4000 kelvin flavor. It runs at about 25% output on a CR123.... which in this case is about 25 lumens.

In general the light collection isn't growing anymore. Noticing that box stores seem to have less and less old school name'd lights and more as seen on tv junk, I have turned my sights to some classic names like Rayovac or Energizer. I've noticed a vast selection of Rayovac "essentials" at various places like drug stores and grocery stores. At between $3 and $10 they are long running numbers with old school 2 C or D outputs. And Rayovac has also reintroduced the Sportsman in a solid 3x,aaa platform that can run on an 18500. Energizer has a line of "smart" lights with switchless touch feature or adjusting output for throw or flood from the same light.

A 65 lumen $4 floater by Eveready.

Some budget friendly numbers that are actually pretty good.
Left is a smart light that looks a lot brighter than the numbers suggest. Middle is an old school plastic number with a sliding switch and PR based LED. Right is a 2018 Sportsman that makes a mighty fine ancestor to the long long line of classics.

Oh, and speaking of classic...

After a near 2 year search...
Not one but two old school pencil beam Microstreams. While I was at it I tossed the tan G2L in the cart. The original P60L and plastic head version.

Until next time....

Offline bykfixer

« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2018, 05:18:40 PM »
Added a Fenix EO1 to the daily users

"They" told me it has an ugly beam. I didn't mind it but.... I wanted to show "them" how to clean it up with a reversable mod. The conventional wisdom is to scuff the globe but a sharpie did it better and is reversable.

The white wall pic.
Spot is hardly affected so throw is not compromised. Yet spill is better blended without all the different color rings.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2018, 05:26:26 PM by bykfixer »