Author Topic: What have you got on order?  (Read 26287 times)

Offline JohnnyMac

• Team Kronos
  • Administrator
  • TFF Co-Founder
    • Johnny Mac Reviews
What have you got on order?
« on: August 27, 2013, 07:01:27 PM »
Things have been pretty quiet around here lately as far as flashlight things go.  What are you guys waiting for arrival in your mailbox?  Surely there are quite a few goodies winging there way to you from your favorite online vendors.

Offline JohnnyMac

• Team Kronos
  • Administrator
  • TFF Co-Founder
    • Johnny Mac Reviews
Re: What have you got on order?
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2013, 07:04:13 PM »
I'm waiting on a TR-J19 from Fasttech as well as some King Kongs and some Panasonic PD's.  I also have an ML-102 charger and some 26650 storage cases coming from them.

From I-O I have some XM-L2 U2 1C on Noctigons coming to be used in the TR-J19 once it arrives and from CNQG I have a couple of DRY drivers coming.  One of them is for use in the J19.  ;D

Offline Chloe

• Lounge Lizards
  • ♡彡
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2013, 09:39:55 PM »
I'm waiting for one of those 18650 recoil lights, from Ebay.

I'm also about to order a ML-102 and some unprotected Panasonics from FastTech for my new Convoy S5! ^^

Offline gords1001

• Lounge Lizards
    • budget light forum
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2013, 10:13:56 PM »
I've got a dedomed dry drivered j19 on the way, some 32650 cells, charger (tr 008?) a c8 for some throw testing,  some 26650 cells, some 18650 cells, two vaping kits, two s4 hosts and some modding bits from fasttech, I need to get a soldering station on pay day and I'm probably going to order one of lck led's skyray king drivers for modding my supfire m6.

I also need to get back in the shop to finish the l2's I'm on with, oh, I'm hoping I've won a fluke 117 on ebay, if not, I'll be asking my American friends to price one for me from over there as my dmm is irreparable :'(

Offline MRsDNF

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2013, 12:50:46 AM »
I've got a dedomed dry drivered j19 on the way, some 32650 cells, charger (tr 008?) a c8 for some throw testing,  some 26650 cells, some 18650 cells, two vaping kits, two s4 hosts and some modding bits from fasttech, I need to get a soldering station on pay day and I'm probably going to order one of lck led's skyray king drivers for modding my supfire m6.

I also need to get back in the shop to finish the l2's I'm on with, oh, I'm hoping I've won a fluke 117 on ebay, if not, I'll be asking my American friends to price one for me from over there as my dmm is irreparable :'(
American friends can come in handy at times. Have you a link to the batteries and charger? I've been curious about the 32650 cells, just not sure on there capacity as there is little info available on them.
When the big picture is to big, look for a point you can start at and build from there.

Offline 18sixfifty

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2013, 04:03:46 AM »
Hmm,

Another J-19, two king kongs and a charger from fast tech.

X7-thrower and terminator clone from Tmart (they gave me a 25% coupon so they were cheap and are getting major upgrades)

BTU Shocker from Ric's Aliexpress account $87 gonna mod this one.

J-18, yezl 10400 mini, and a Q5 from wallbuys instant kill

3 dry drivers from Ric at Fancy flashlights

11 XM-L2 U2 1c's on noctigons from IO and a 7x driver (for the J-18 that is getting XM-L2's from the J-19 mods)

aspheric lens for the X7

The dearly departed sacrificed to my addiction for the above. 

the J-19 mod that I posted pics of

Terminator

65w HID

Offline gords1001

• Lounge Lizards
    • budget light forum
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2013, 10:26:24 AM »
steve they are from fasttech,  I'll track the links down tonight

Offline JohnnyMac

• Team Kronos
  • Administrator
  • TFF Co-Founder
    • Johnny Mac Reviews
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2013, 02:42:12 PM »
18sixfifty, what mods are you planning for your Terminator?  I have two of them and have been wanting to mod one of them.  I've been thinking of swapping in XM-L2 U2 on Noctigons but am not sure what to do with the driver itself.  It comes out easily for upgrades but I'm clueless as to what resistor mods we can do to it.  Are you planning on modding the stock driver or swapping it out completely for something else?

Offline [MOD-BOT]

• Lounge Lizards
  • Master Flashaholic
    • Worldwide Flashlight Forum
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2013, 02:57:53 PM »
I have a money order, Lux-RC light (was a gift, can't possibly afford half a thousand on a light), clone iPhone case, some other little stuff I think.
Your Forum Guard

Offline 18sixfifty

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2013, 03:35:25 PM »
@ JM

The Clone I'm getting is one of those goofy Rage ones that turns on one emitter and then two and then four. I sold my Terminator because I couldn't really see anyway of upgrading it that I thought was worth the trouble. It was pretty well set up stock. Well I'm sure that noctigons would help with the thermal sag but it's not that bad anyway.

With the coupon they sent me it was $35.

http://www.tmart.com/TP-4ST-U2-3500LM-4-LED-4-Mode-Hand-held-Aluminum-Flashlight-Black_p208264.html

It's going to get Noctigons for sure, de-domed maybe and I have no idea yet what I'll do with the driver until I see it. Most likely the driver will get wiped completely clean and used to slave something else entirely. I will probably mod the battery compartment to 2S2P so I can use one of the  better drivers.

I didn't want to use the Terminator as simply a host so it's flying via carrier pigeon to Australia. 

Offline JohnnyMac

• Team Kronos
  • Administrator
  • TFF Co-Founder
    • Johnny Mac Reviews
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2013, 05:03:45 PM »
@ JM

The Clone I'm getting is one of those goofy Rage ones that turns on one emitter and then two and then four. I sold my Terminator because I couldn't really see anyway of upgrading it that I thought was worth the trouble. It was pretty well set up stock. Well I'm sure that noctigons would help with the thermal sag but it's not that bad anyway.

With the coupon they sent me it was $35.

http://www.tmart.com/TP-4ST-U2-3500LM-4-LED-4-Mode-Hand-held-Aluminum-Flashlight-Black_p208264.html

It's going to get Noctigons for sure, de-domed maybe and I have no idea yet what I'll do with the driver until I see it. Most likely the driver will get wiped completely clean and used to slave something else entirely. I will probably mod the battery compartment to 2S2P so I can use one of the  better drivers.

I didn't want to use the Terminator as simply a host so it's flying via carrier pigeon to Australia.
Holy cow!  Just $46 for that clone?  That's cheap as heck even if it not to the same standards as the original.  Bezels look aluminum instead of stainless and the driver is definitely not the same but it looks like a great place to start as a mod host!  Since the SRK battery tube screws into the Terminator (and possibly this clone), TexasPyro's new SRK driver might fit inside perfectly.

Offline 18sixfifty

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2013, 07:33:31 PM »
It would be sweet if his driver works for it. I'll know when it shows up. I just got the shipping notification yesterday. I'll stop in and let you know if it does. If so I might just do that instead of trying to slave it.

Offline JohnnyMac

• Team Kronos
  • Administrator
  • TFF Co-Founder
    • Johnny Mac Reviews
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2013, 07:50:00 PM »
He is shipping the drivers now?  How the hell did I miss that?

Offline 18sixfifty

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2013, 04:00:39 AM »
Not that I know of but I would be able to tell the size of the driver when I get the light.

Offline gords1001

• Lounge Lizards
    • budget light forum
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2013, 06:26:45 PM »
here you are Steve.

batteries

https://www.fasttech.com/products/1156800

charger

https://www.fasttech.com/products/1429000

I'm looking forward to trying these out, they may also feature in a future mag build.