Author Topic: What knife are you carrying these days ?  (Read 5984 times)

Offline jacktheclipper

• Lounge Lizards
    • Dillard Street Barbershop
What knife are you carrying these days ?
« on: August 09, 2013, 02:53:15 PM »
 I carry a Sanrenmu 763 at work , and at home it's an Enlan EL01 .

Offline [MOD-BOT]

• Lounge Lizards
  • Master Flashaholic
    • Worldwide Flashlight Forum
Re: What knife are you carrying these days ?
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2013, 03:51:01 PM »
Usually carrying a Spyderco Sage 2.
••••••••••••Your Forum Guard™••••••••••••

Offline Chloe

• Lounge Lizards
  • ♡彡
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2013, 06:21:36 PM »
I carry a Victorinox Classic (in my handbag) mainly for the scissors. Ladybug ZDP-189 if/when it's converted to slipjoint.

Offline JohnnyMac

• Team Kronos
  • Administrator
  • TFF Co-Founder
    • Johnny Mac Reviews
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2013, 04:51:25 PM »
I had been carrying my Ganzo G712 for quite a while but lately I've switched back to my Ganzo G707.  I always have my little Zippo knife on me as well.

Offline gords1001

• Lounge Lizards
    • budget light forum
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2013, 07:04:01 PM »
sanrenmu m1 in my work edc light holster,  sanrenmu h02 on my house keys, wood scaled enlan liner lock in my home edc light holster (sorry, I cant remember the model, its one of the only woid scaled knives at fasttech).

Offline jacktheclipper

• Lounge Lizards
    • Dillard Street Barbershop
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2013, 06:19:35 PM »
If you own an Enlan EL01 , Wave mod it .

Offline gords1001

• Lounge Lizards
    • budget light forum
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2013, 09:22:18 PM »
you know, I did a bit of searching and I still cant find anything on how the wave mod works, I see its thr little cut in the top of the blade but whats the crack with it? and do I need to get an enlan el01?

Offline Chloe

• Lounge Lizards
  • ♡彡
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2013, 10:08:47 PM »
Gords, the "wave" comes from Emerson knives, designed for opening the blade as you pull the knife from your pocket:

http://www.youtube.com/v/AABt6c_MhfI&fs=1

Offline [MOD-BOT]

• Lounge Lizards
  • Master Flashaholic
    • Worldwide Flashlight Forum
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2013, 12:20:09 AM »
Yes, Chole is correct.

The notch will catch on the rim of your pocket to open the blade.
••••••••••••Your Forum Guard™••••••••••••

Offline MRsDNF

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2013, 07:09:59 AM »
Thats an interesting video Chloe. Thanks. I had no idea that there was knives like that out there.
When the big picture is to big, look for a point you can start at and build from there.

Offline Cereal_Killer

• Commercial Traders
  • Killer Lumens
    • killerlumens.com
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2014, 02:44:17 PM »
I know this is old but I'm discovering all the cool topics as I get used to this forum and knives have been my hobby since long before lights...

Up till about a year ago I had a rather large collection but then in December I was presented with an amazing opportunity, one of my buddies sent me a Chris Reeve small Sebenza 21 but wait there's more, it's not just the plain model, its a knife art [dealer exclusive] carbon fiber model in S35VN.

The Sebenza along with my spyderco P'Kal are my 2 EDC's, the P'Kal never gets rotated, it's the same knife in my left rear pocket every single day. The Sebenza rides in my front right as my main use knife about 90% of the time, on occasions when I have a higher likelihood of loosing my knife or I need an absolute bomb proof super steel blade I leave the sebbi at home in favor of my spyderco Gayle Bradley. 

Interesting story about the GB, I was on bladeforums in the CRK sub-forums and there was a post about "list your favorite sub-$200 production knife ever, I mentioned I didn't own one but my favorite in that category was the spyderco GB, about a week after that post a totally random guy I had never spoke with PM'd me for my address and I had a nearly brand new GB in my mailbox by weeks end! I love BLF (and now this place) but I can't possible imagine a better forum experience than the time I had at bladeforums (I'm no longer active there cause it was costing me to much money but feel free to join there and use my name as reference if you want), they're a super cool bunch of dudes and won't give you any crap about using the [good] chineese knives like Enlan and the like (tho Navy isn't much liked for their near clones of spyderco's). About once every few months I still receive a pass-around knife in the mail, last one was a protech, one before that was a new high-end brand from China with a beautiful flame ano on the Ti scales (think strider) and S35Vn blade steel.

Here's the GB and Sebenza

The M4 blade of the GB is acid etched (by me)

This is the only pic I have of the P'Kal, its in my pocket to much for pictures.

To date it's only ever cut a few strings and a dog's lip (made a small cut behind the barb of a fish hook he got in his lip so I could pull it out instead of push it threw). When I got it I got it extremely sharp (not easy to do with the hawkbill when you sharpen by hand) and don't use it since its a dedicated self defense tool I want it at max sharpness should I ever need it (also why I choose it for the dog's lip, this thing is scalpel sharp, I mean if you as lightly as possible touch the blade it will cut you bad).

I do have a few other knives, I've got a couple Mora's, I've got a spyderco UKPK and 2 dragonfly 2's (one "salt" H1 rust proof steel and the other ZDP-189), I've got an ESEE izula2 and an ESEE Zancudo knifeworks exclusive (Xmas gift from my kids). I've also got a sypderco/Byrd hawkbill that's a really great working at the barn knife, I've got a few ka bar's and a few traditionals. I've also got a few kershaw's with interesting locks I keep incase they get valuable some day (a couple of the least common version of the stud-lock knives).

My wife carried a CRKT Ripple Frame lock and a kershaw rainbow Chive and and most recently got a new kershaw camber (she had been wanting a A/O flipper for awhile and being a steel snob myself I couldn't just let her to grab whatever lol so when the camber came out in S30V she had to have it.

I don't offer this on the larger forums but if any of you guys ever need a knife sharpened to hair whittling sharp I'd be happy to do it for you, I use an edge pro apex (with DMT diamond stones) for setting the bevel then finish on a set of DMT flat stones and ceramic plates by hand (the finish is on a 10k grit ceramic plate I lapped by hand)
Email me : Dan@killerlumens.com
my sales site : www.killerlumens.com (under construction)
blog : www.killerlumens.net (reviews and stuff)

Offline TKC

• “There is no need for temples, no need for complic
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2017, 07:15:15 PM »
I am carrying my Seamus Knives Irish Uber Crossover.
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."

Offline JohnnyMac

• Team Kronos
  • Administrator
  • TFF Co-Founder
    • Johnny Mac Reviews
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2017, 03:08:44 PM »
Oh my!  That is gorgeous, TKC!  You can see the weight and quality just looking at it.  I am truly envious of that.   ;D   Soo-WEET!

Offline TKC

• “There is no need for temples, no need for complic
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2017, 04:48:45 PM »
Thank you JohnnyMac!! It is my Irish Uber Crossover, by Seamus Knives. It is an amazing & perfect knife for me. I LOVE stellite 6K, and it is a bolster lock. It isn't that heavy.
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."

Offline TomFR

« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2017, 06:09:03 PM »
Just picked up a Kershaw 1160 Leek
Obsessed with knives, lights, and finding the best survival gear and outdoor tools