Author Topic: Shiningbeam service  (Read 5255 times)

Offline T.H.Cone

Shiningbeam service
« on: November 16, 2014, 05:16:43 PM »
Shiningbeam modded Romisens are what first got me to stop wasting money on premium lights and over the years I've had lots of dealings with Bryan.  His level of service is without peer.  Here is an unboxing of my latest purchase where I sing his praises.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/G1lSgaI5l68" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/G1lSgaI5l68</a>
« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 05:17:44 PM by T.H.Cone »

Offline MRsDNF

• Global Moderator
Re: Shiningbeam service
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2014, 07:04:31 PM »
Nice video Cone. Whens the video review out? As quick as the delivery? ;)
When the big picture is to big, look for a point you can start at and build from there.

Offline T.H.Cone

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2014, 11:59:10 PM »
Thanks. 

As far as a video review, there are two main problems.  First, I'm not very good at making videos, and two, I don't have the expertise to review a flashlight.  All you'd get from me is a user's perspective, and I don't think my opinion is all that relevant.

If you really want to see one, I'll try to do it, but you'll have to keep expectations low.

I will say that I had it outside last night with an XM-L P60 light and a Shiningbeam Pocket Rocket II and for all practical purposes, there isn't much of a difference in terms of output, throw, or flood to my middle aged eyes.  Actually, given the size of the reflector, I thought it would throw a bit further than it did.

Again, just a first impression and totally unscientific.  Well worth $25.

Offline MRsDNF

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2014, 05:56:06 AM »
Alls good. I was just putting the presure on because I could.   ;) As far as your thoughts go thats what a review is. Each individuals thoughts and comparisons to lights they have but you already new that.  :)
When the big picture is to big, look for a point you can start at and build from there.

Offline Cereal_Killer

• Commercial Traders
  • Killer Lumens
    • killerlumens.com
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2014, 04:55:14 PM »
Nice little Boker plus too!
Email me : Dan@killerlumens.com
my sales site : www.killerlumens.com (under construction)
blog : www.killerlumens.net (reviews and stuff)

Offline JohnnyMac

• Team Kronos
  • Administrator
  • TFF Co-Founder
    • Johnny Mac Reviews
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2014, 05:18:10 PM »
A couple or three years ago ShiningBeam was the Shite.  Everyone talked about them and recommended them.  The last year or two you rarely ever hear them mentioned.  Odd.

Offline T.H.Cone

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2014, 06:47:56 PM »
Nice little Boker plus too!

The Boker+ Nano is an aesthetically pleasing knife that is almost void of function.  Great in a collection, dramatically less so in the pocket.  I would never, do never  carry it, but I own three.  Go figure.

Offline T.H.Cone

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2014, 06:51:15 PM »
A couple or three years ago ShiningBeam was the Shite.  Everyone talked about them and recommended them.  The last year or two you rarely ever hear them mentioned.  Odd.

Odd?  Do you have a theory as to why?  Personally, I think that the limited selection is the one thing that needs to be worked on.  Other than that, I don't think I've ever heard a bad word about Bryan.

On the other hand, maybe he likes it the size that it is.