Author Topic: New build. A work light replacement for a MIA light.  (Read 2822 times)

Offline MRsDNF

• Global Moderator
New build. A work light replacement for a MIA light.
« on: May 07, 2015, 11:50:26 AM »
I lost my work light awhile ago. I dont know where or how. It was not where it should of been, in my work trousers when I went to use it one day. The missing light is the one next to the SK68 made from a Renthal handlebar end.

The light ran a 16340 battery, 3 mode 7135 driver running .8 amp on high, 19.2mm reflector and a semi dedomed XPG2 led. I thought I'd build another light along the same lines as it worked ideally for what I do but add a few improvements to make it just a little better.

I really like the look of the tailcaps without a rubber boot and there is a round magnet out now for the tailcap of the Convoy. A clip was also added to prevent it falling out of my pocket. So far it works as its meant to.

The insides of the tailcap include a IOS switch which is no longer sold and the switch button with an o'ring to seal out the grime from inside my pockets.

The groove in the tailcap was just a little nerve racking as the tool used to form the groove was only 1mm across the cutting edge and had to machine in a depth of 5mm.

The components in the top end included my standard 20mm pill, 19.2mm reflector AR lens, 7135 driver with all the chips bar 2 removed for an output of .8amp on high and a torch XPE2 led. No copper star needed here. The battery used is a 16340.

The light doing its best bat imitation. The red heat shrink is to save my teeth as the light more often than not ends up in my teeth while using my hands under vehicles. It works a treat.

And finally a picture alongside its big brother which runs a 16650 battery.

The light works really well for what I use it for. It has a really tight beam and almost to much light on medium. The magnet attracts small particles of metal from pockets like a vacuum truck and the clip works as it should. Hopefully this one wont go the way of the last work light.
When the big picture is to big, look for a point you can start at and build from there.

Offline beeadorable

Re: New build. A work light replacement for a MIA light.
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2015, 07:47:22 AM »

A lot of useful information here. Read Long that can be applied to everyday life, really.

Offline Zibahimra

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2016, 10:35:18 AM »
Thanks to you the knowledge to tell and that is the Knowledge exotic.

Offline Tactical charger

• Commercial Traders
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2016, 10:10:43 AM »
Aluminum material ,Pretty good  :)

Offline JohnnyMac

• Team Kronos
  • Administrator
  • TFF Co-Founder
    • Johnny Mac Reviews
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2016, 01:23:56 AM »
Super nice build! Thanks for sharing. :)