Author Topic: Hello, My name is Chris and I'm a addict  (Read 838 times)

Offline DJCHRISRECTOR

Hello, My name is Chris and I'm a addict
« on: June 03, 2017, 04:35:11 AM »
My name is Chris from Ontario Canada.

It started with the Coast g50 for a edc light but I than I had to have more.
I bought the A1Tactical and then the A1S tactical within a month.
I need to slow down :(
3weeks later I bought the Olight S1R Baton

I thought was doing alright but then today I bought the Klarus XT11GT and the Aggressive Strike Bezel.   After clicking Complete Order on Amazon I knew I've hit rock bottom

I need help ;D

Offline bykfixer

Re: Hello, My name is Chris and I'm a addict
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2017, 01:29:37 AM »
HELLO CHRIS!

You are among friends here.
John 3:16

Offline irongate

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2017, 02:58:54 AM »
Chris -best thing is slow down and really think about what you need that light for and enjoy that light for a while. Don't get a light just because someone else has it. Look at it online and then a week later come back again and rethink about it. Some of us have taken a long time to have the lights we get and enjoy them to their fullest. Ask plenty of questions, we are here to help and past that on to others. :)

Offline bykfixer

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2017, 02:57:25 AM »
Good advice IG.

I used to have 5 questions for each flashlight purchase. Never was one "which is the brightest", but at times a question would relate to throw.

Like screw drivers or ratchets, flashlights are tools. It is a fun hobby though. Yet if you don't have in mind a potential purpose for each tool they end up in a junk drawer.

Like IG says, take a little time with each one and discover what it's good at and compare that with the uses you will likely have. I also discover what it lacks for certain tasks. I have EDC's for daytime use that put out huge lumens. EDC's for night use don't need to be quite so bright, but the beam really matters....
Any light will find a crayon under the sofa. But what do you use a flashlight for?
John 3:16

Offline JohnnyMac

• Team Kronos
  • Administrator
  • TFF Co-Founder
    • Johnny Mac Reviews
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2017, 02:11:05 AM »
Welcome to the TFF family, Chris!  You are among friends and fellow addicts here.

Irongate's advice is truly good advice. I hate to think of the money I spent on torches my first year after getting hooked on good lights. I now have closer to 200 lights and really do need to thin out my herd.   Enjoy each new light as long as possible before getting a new one. Having 2 or 3 for each purpose is a good place to stop otherwise they don't get rotated and become shelf queens. There is nothing like the magic of a new light but it can get out of hand if unless you control the urge to hit the purchase link.  ;D

Offline irongate

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2017, 09:57:32 PM »
Chris, another thing which I did was put a certain flashlight in each room of the house, for emergency use . Bathroom might not need as big of light as a garage or kitchen. Also a flashlight  or a couple of them in your vehicles. Some maybe in a so called ( bug out or bug in bag). For storms or whatever and back-ups for those. Camping a different kind of light or checking outside at night for different animals around the house.

Have fun

And some of us collecting old lights and fixing them up again, like from the 20 or 30's. Mr Fixer has a great amount of knowledge on fixing those old lights.

Offline ChrisDanWell

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2017, 06:21:20 PM »
Hello Chris, gotta say u got one of the best names around iam the same way (lol). 
For me it started with Knives, flippers, assisted, manual, auto, expensive, US made, steel types etc   Now it is grown to flashlights. 
I just canceled an order for the ThruNite mini Tn30 bundle
Mainly due to just how much I was spending. Plus I could not find any valid comparison texts with the TN30 to any other lights (except from the big brother compasrison but they aren't even in the same category.