Author Topic: Just a small rant mostly at my self  (Read 414 times)

Offline flphotog

Just a small rant mostly at my self
« on: August 09, 2017, 01:39:32 PM »
A friend gave me a coupon for CR123A batteries from Battery Junction, I needed some so I went online to buy them. Of course me being me I looked around and also ordered a Fenix PD35 Tac while I was at it. Because the order was over $50 they offered free shipping so I also grabbed that without really looking, again, my bad.
Ordered on Fri and they shipped on Mon, in my book not great but ok. Then I see they shipped DHL + USPS for final delivery. So far it's taken DHL 24 hours to take the package 1 hour in the wrong direction where it sat for another 12 hours before heading out to who knows where and they don't even answer the phone so I can't talk to them. Actually I had thought DHL had stopped doing domestic deliveries years ago, I guess they started again.
At this rate I'll be lucky to see my order by my birthday next March.
Bottom line is that I could have ordered the same flashlight from Amazon and had it in 2 days and I doubt I really saved much if anything on the batteries.
Lesson learned, I won't be dealing with Battery Junction again unless I pay for expedited shipping.

Offline david57strat

• Lounge Lizards
Re: Just a small rant mostly at my self
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2017, 02:41:26 AM »
Sorry to hear about your shipment problems with Battery Junction.  It's really odd to hear these things, because I've placed about ten orders with them, during the past six years, and have never had any problems with shipment delays, or contact from them (via email),within a business day after placing my order with them, and my items always showed up within a few business days after they made shipment (which was always very inexpensive).

I've purchased (LifePO4) batteries, holsters, lights, and LED upgrades (for my Maglites) from them, and never a problem. 

If you ordered something on a Friday, and they shipped out on Monday, it's possible you simply missed the order deadline for same day shipment.  It happens, from time to time.  Next day shipment is not all that unreasonable, for a company like this; and Monday would have been the next business day.  I would think your items should arrive by the end of this week.

Anyway, I hope you get it all worked out! Please let us know what became of the order, and how you like the PD35 Tac.

Congratulations on your new purchase :-)
« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 06:11:17 PM by david57strat »

Offline flphotog

Re: Just a small rant mostly at my self
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2017, 01:15:20 PM »
Thanks, just to be clear, my original post was more of a rant at myself for not paying attention when I ordered. But that aside, next time I will stick with Amazon, I get made at them as well but generally have my packages within two or three days. They have some pretty crappy shippers as well but from what I'm seeing none of them are as bad as DHL.