Author Topic: 7 points before buy a led flashlight  (Read 345 times)

Offline brunala

7 points before buy a led flashlight
« on: August 11, 2017, 09:03:20 AM »
Nowadays, led flashlight range from under $60 to over $300, yet they may be the same size. What are the differences? How can we select the ideal one?
The following information may help you.

1: Light Output. This is measured in lumens, and the more Lumens, the brighter light.

2: Run Time. Run time is commonly given for each light setting.Light output may gradually decrease by time,maybe it will remain largely constant and then suddenly decrease.

3: Beam Distance. This is measured in meter.It vary with the brightness setting you select.

4: Water Resistance Rating.This is rated using the IPX system.IPX4 rating is splash resistant from all angles.

5: Impact Resistance.This is measured in meter. How well will your flashlight survive after occasional accidental drops.

6.Size and weight.Is it easy to carry and storage?How does it feel in your hand?

7.Battery.This is the key part for the flashlight.The capacity,type and availability of replacement batteries are different.

How do you chose a new led flashlight?

Which fator you will consider first?Let's talk more here,
Bruna
COSMO TECHNOLOGY DEVELOPMENT LIMITED
Email:bruna-ji@cosmoing.com
WhatsApp & Mobile:+86 136 4032 8151
Tel: 0044 20 8123 5988
We are looking for distributors for long term cooperation!

Offline SG-1

Re: 7 points before buy a led flashlight
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2017, 05:56:15 AM »
I would add an eighth point. 

How does the switch operate ?
Does it have mode memory ? or do I have to cycle it through six modes to get back to the one I always use ?

I do not like flashlights that come on full bright,  I prefer the opposite.