Author Topic: Mountain Electronics driver.  (Read 3646 times)

Offline MRsDNF

Mountain Electronics driver.
« on: August 21, 2015, 10:45:09 AM »
I got this from RMM. I have no idea how you guys build these drivers as some of the components are mere mm's in size. This is pure flashlight pawn. 5 amps, four modes with 90 second turbo timer, 9 volt LVP and mode memory. Now not to toast it.

When the big picture is to big, look for a point you can start at and build from there.

Offline JohnnyMac

• Team Kronos
  • Administrator
  • TFF Co-Founder
    • Johnny Mac Reviews
Re: Mountain Electronics driver.
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2015, 05:45:04 AM »
That is a great looking driver! What are you going to use it in?  You have plans for it yet?

Offline MRsDNF

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2015, 10:36:21 AM »
Yes. Its had a quick test run driving 4 XPE leds at 2.5 amps each.
http://budgetlightforum.com/node/40438

When the big picture is to big, look for a point you can start at and build from there.

Offline 18sixfifty

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2015, 10:50:20 PM »
Looks like a nice driver. I haven't built that one yet but I'm starting to build more drivers now and I rarely buy them at all but if I do it's from RMM. Richard is a great guy and runs a nice shop for sure. I think if you factor in the labor his prices on these drivers is fantastic.

Good luck with your build!

Offline MRsDNF

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2015, 07:31:05 AM »
That's terrific your building your own drivers. Are you programming them as well?

Offline tech

• flashlights
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2016, 07:13:44 PM »
they are easier to build if you have a reflow oven or a workaround, like the hotplate / skillet method. after a few failed attempts at hand soldering a small driver I used the hotplate method and never looked back.

the next step would be controlling a IR toaster oven with an Arduino controller and temperature probes.