Author Topic: Weird stain on/in the glass of new Thorfire S70S light  (Read 594 times)

Offline tinol

Weird stain on/in the glass of new Thorfire S70S light
« on: June 03, 2017, 03:20:00 AM »
Hi all and glad to be aboard. This is actually my first post :)  Probably like many of you, I've probably enough lights so that my friends think I'm a little nutty LOL  ... that brings me to a new acquisition. I just picked up a Thorfire S70S flashlight and the front glass appears to have a stain on it (almost like hard water stains) but its completely invisible until you pass light through the glass.  I've tried cleaning the front and back of the glass with a number of things from lens cleaner, to alcohol, windex, soap and water.... no difference.

I'm almost convinced now that its actually not on the surface of the glass but possibly inside the glass. Just seems so weird that I cannot see it until I turn the flashlight on. I'll probably return the light but have any of you ever seen something like this?

Offline tinol

Re: Weird stain on/in the glass of new Thorfire S70S light
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2017, 04:02:29 AM »
Ok been reading and seems like its an anti-glare coating maybe - badly applied one.

Offline lichan

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2017, 12:36:37 PM »
Yes, definitely a return, fairly easy if you got it through Amazon.

Offline tinol

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2017, 06:49:16 PM »
Thanks Lichan, ya I got no replies yet from Thorfire so its going back (Amazon) and not being replaced by another.

I think from now on, my test for any product I want to buy would be to email the customer service with a question and see if they reply back. If they do, they are worth buying from :)

Offline JohnnyMac

• Team Kronos
  • Administrator
  • TFF Co-Founder
    • Johnny Mac Reviews
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2017, 02:27:35 AM »
I've seen it before and it does happen now and then. I love buying through Amazon thanks to the return policy. The S70S is a great light and worthy of a second try with a replacement. Any issues with that one I'd just return it for refund.

Kronos is getting ready to launch a new light based on the S70S with several physical and cosmetic improvements to the host along with a new driver with even more output and an improved UI. Should produce around 5000 otf lumens.  We'll be announcing it here soon.