Author Topic: 30mW 532nm Fasttech Module Build!  (Read 2163 times)

Offline Gun

30mW 532nm Fasttech Module Build!
« on: August 09, 2013, 10:05:39 PM »
Hello Everyone,

So all the parts finally arrived for my first laser build. Not sure if it's really classified as "a build" or not, I connected a power supply to a module  :P. I ordered the following parts:

- 30mW 532nm Laser Module
- 12mm Heatsink Mount
- 3V Power Supply
- Australian Power Plug Adapter
- and of course, safety goggles!

So basically I just sliced off the end of the power supply and stripped down the wires. I then put the module into the heatsink. Then I soldered the positive and negative wires to the ones coming from the module. Then plugged it in :D

Here it is!

I was quite amazed at how bright it is, seeing as it's my most powerful laser! The most powerful I'd seen before this was my 1mW pointer :crackup:

Pictured with my 3 pairs of goggles, better safe than sorry ;)

The above picture is my 1mW pointer, just to show the comparison.

^ and this is my 30mW.

Sorry about the quality of the pictures, the only camera I have at the moment is my laptop webcam.

I think the laser is most likely over 30mW as the 50mW fasttech module is normally about 80mW, I'm going to assume that this 30mW is around 30-50mW, if it is infact as overspec as the 50mW module.

I'm also still looking for housing, I think I might buy some sort of plastic "hobby box".

I'm really happy with the result of this laser, the beam looks excellent at night  ;D

Cheers to my first laser over 1mW  :D
-Gun