Author Topic: The Flashlight Emporium... Forever gone?  (Read 10041 times)

Offline [MOD-BOT]

• Lounge Lizards
  • Master Flashaholic
    • Worldwide Flashlight Forum
Re: The Flashlight Emporium... Forever gone?
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2013, 11:13:13 AM »
Is it weird I think of this forum as "TFE" even though it's a different name now?

Yes, yes it is.
••••••••••••Your Forum Guard™••••••••••••

Offline Spasmod

• Administrator
  • TFF Co-Founder
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2013, 12:10:49 PM »
Is it weird I think of this forum as "TFE" even though it's a different name now?

Haha nope not weird at all!.. you won't believe how many time I wrote flashlightemporium instead of theflashlightforum. There were many occasions where I had to start over when building something on the server :D

First was the Database, then the mail server and more than once on the Forum software  :-X

Offline ChibiM

• Lounge Lizards
    • eneloop101
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2013, 02:33:09 PM »
Ah.. I haven`t logged in for a while.. and now I see it changed to TheFlashlightForum..
which I think sounds better than Emporium.. but thats just me.

also i noticed that only 1 of my posts I made is still left.... pity...
eneloop101.com

Offline JohnnyMac

• Team Kronos
  • Administrator
  • TFF Co-Founder
    • Johnny Mac Reviews
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2013, 04:44:04 PM »
Yeah, sorry about that, Chibi.  We tried to save as many of the posts as we could but in the end we couldn't get them all and had to focus on original thread posts.  On the bright side, you get to make more new posts so you can catch back up to where you were. ;)

"which I think sounds better than Emporium.. but thats just me"

Nah...not just you.  That's one of the reasons we changed it.  I felt "emporium" sounded more like a store than a forum site and once I found that "theflashlightforum.com" was available I convinced Spas it made more sense.  In all fairness it wasn't too hard to convince him.  The only problem with the move is we lost a lot of traction in building up the forum and are basically starting fresh.  In time things should pick up and surpass what we had before we changed from TFE to TFF.

Offline Chloe

• Lounge Lizards
  • ♡彡
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2013, 07:01:52 PM »
I'm used to TFF now.  :D

It is a curious word, emporium.

em·po·ri·um
[em-pawr-ee-uhm, -pohr-]
noun, plural em·po·ri·ums, em·po·ri·a [em-pawr-ee-uh, -pohr-] .
a large retail store, especially one selling a great variety of articles.
a place, town, or city of important commerce, especially a principal center of trade: New York is one of the world's great emporiums.
Origin:
1580–90; < Latin < Greek empórion market, emporium, equivalent to émporos merchant, orig. traveler, passenger (em- em-2 + póros passage, voyage; compare en pórōi on a voyage, en route) + -ion noun suffix of place