Author Topic: What have you got on order?  (Read 24629 times)

Offline MRsDNF

• Global Moderator
Re: What have you got on order?
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2013, 10:02:53 PM »
Those batteries seem orsm under heavy loads. I think I heard your better half saying its about time you got yourself a hobby charger.

Discharge rate/Mah
2 amp = 5580
4 amp = 5559
5 amp = 5501
10 amp = 5384!
When the big picture is to big, look for a point you can start at and build from there.

Offline gords1001

• Lounge Lizards
    • budget light forum
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2013, 10:21:53 PM »
already got one lol, just not got into getting it rigged up for round cell charging yet. I like the plug and play approach at the moment.

I did get a soldering station today.

I wish I'd got one a long time ago, un mounted and remounted an emitter no problem and it still worked afterwards,  I can set three temps for one button set up or vary it as I please,  it also uses the 900m tips which I think are the hako standard.

Next time you have some spare cash,  this might be a very good investment.

Offline MRsDNF

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2013, 10:47:43 PM »
Very nice gords. Now you will have to get lots of different tips to try. Not that I'm much good at soldering I was having trouble with the pointy tips and in frustration ground the end into a small radius which holds the heat 10000 times better. Its amazing how cheap these irons are for what you get.
When the big picture is to big, look for a point you can start at and build from there.

Offline gords1001

• Lounge Lizards
    • budget light forum
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2013, 05:26:10 PM »
I did have to mod this a bit, the stem around the element was too long to allow the tip retainer to screw on, a quick run with  a pipe cutter cured that.

Otherwise,  I'm pretty good tbh, I served my time as an electrician and used to have to solder lots of 32 pin d sockets and sensor sockets, drivers are no smaller I've found, but I will be stocking up on different tips to try out.

Offline Chloe

• Lounge Lizards
  • ♡彡
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2013, 10:35:45 PM »
Nice iron, gords!  :D

The only time I am not glad for my Aoyue 936 is when I'm using it for something I shouldn't.

Offline Spasmod

• Administrator
  • TFF Co-Founder
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2013, 10:49:48 PM »
Dang Graham! Wanna swap the Soldering Station for a half eaten Cheese & Cucumber sandwich ? That's a nice setup !

Offline gords1001

• Lounge Lizards
    • budget light forum
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2013, 05:39:53 PM »
its easy enough to get, take about 75 quid to maplin,  buy iron, tips and solder and your done. It is very nice for a hobbiest, dunno about longevity yet, but it's mostly rebuilbable anyway.

I'm heading out into the gords cave tonight whilst toni watches all the usual crap on telly, so I'll have a good play I think.

Offline MRsDNF

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2013, 09:26:48 PM »
I looked at the Jacob A60 on sale at Aura Buy to long. Its on order. I dont think it will stay the way it is though.

Offline MRsDNF

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2013, 10:16:53 PM »
Gords you have got me in trouble. With the airlines doing there thing and prices going up I bit the bullet and bought 3 32650 batteries for an up coming build. Now how do I tell a sleeping wife? Whisper quietly? Now I have to chase up I dont know how many dollars for a piece of 90mm diameter aluminium. Anyone got a chunk there using for a doorstopper they dont want?

Offline [MOD-BOT]

• Lounge Lizards
  • Master Flashaholic
    • Worldwide Flashlight Forum
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2013, 10:52:50 PM »
Gords you have got me in trouble. With the airlines doing there thing and prices going up I bit the bullet and bought 3 32650 batteries for an up coming build. Now how do I tell a sleeping wife? Whisper quietly? Now I have to chase up I dont know how many dollars for a piece of 90mm diameter aluminium. Anyone got a chunk there using for a doorstopper they dont want?

I have a metal store with free aluminium if you want a 90mm bar...?
« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 10:53:40 PM by [MOD-BOT] »
Your Forum Guard

Offline MRsDNF

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2013, 01:50:21 AM »

Are you in Melbourne (holds breath waiting for an answer)? I have a quote here for $35.00 + gst. The tube is the killer. I need 300mm and will have to buy 2.3 meters.

Offline [MOD-BOT]

• Lounge Lizards
  • Master Flashaholic
« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2013, 01:56:39 AM »

Are you in Melbourne (holds breath waiting for an answer)? I have a quote here for $35.00 + gst. The tube is the killer. I need 300mm and will have to buy 2.3 meters.

No, I'm in the land of $100 postage for anything bigger than a mouse...
Your Forum Guard

Offline MRsDNF

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2013, 08:32:40 AM »
l got my tube today. We had a very generous customer donate 500mm of tube to me so that bit is done and dusted. I ordered the 900mm round x 150 long aluminium bar. $38.00. I hate spending money.

Offline gords1001

• Lounge Lizards
    • budget light forum
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2013, 02:51:19 PM »
900mm round? please tell me that's circumference and not diameter or worse yet radius?   900mm? 90 cm? thats three feet!

Offline [MOD-BOT]

• Lounge Lizards
  • Master Flashaholic
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2013, 08:40:59 PM »
900mm round? please tell me that's circumference and not diameter or worse yet radius?   900mm? 90 cm? thats three feet!

He did say he is using 3 32650s.
Parallel?
Your Forum Guard