Author Topic: What have you got on order?  (Read 34019 times)

Offline Yorker59

• Lightsngear
Re: What have you got on order?
« Reply #45 on: January 09, 2015, 09:27:45 PM »
Only because the distributor offers a 60 day money-back guarantee, and that ALL 21 Amazon reviews on this light are given 5 stars!!! ...... I'm taking a chance on this 14500 light called a "USpot". All it says is that it's a 5w Tactical CREE LED (which is said to have adjustable focus). It also COMES with the battery! It has 4 modes -- bright, very bright, strobe and SOS. Doesn't say much about lumens, except that it's OVER 150 (I assuming it's somewhat dim).

I heard about it through a press release that Google sent me. And I'm only getting it because it's cheap...and because it can be returned. I'm also curious about all the 5 star reviews.

I'll probably write about it for my website. Might even do a YouTube video!
« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 09:33:33 PM by Yorker59 »
How can you do that without a flashlight?

Offline MRsDNF

« Reply #46 on: January 10, 2015, 07:56:21 AM »
A few different size lenses from KD. Batteries and resistors from FT. 2 x H6Flex drivers from Taskled and a SingFire cause my pants are on fire AAA light from MyLed.
When the big picture is to big, look for a point you can start at and build from there.

Offline ruffles

« Reply #47 on: January 10, 2015, 11:03:15 PM »
Only because the distributor offers a 60 day money-back guarantee, and that ALL 21 Amazon reviews on this light are given 5 stars!!! ...... I'm taking a chance on this 14500 light called a "USpot". All it says is that it's a 5w Tactical CREE LED (which is said to have adjustable focus). It also COMES with the battery! It has 4 modes -- bright, very bright, strobe and SOS. Doesn't say much about lumens, except that it's OVER 150 (I assuming it's somewhat dim).

I heard about it through a press release that Google sent me. And I'm only getting it because it's cheap...and because it can be returned. I'm also curious about all the 5 star reviews.

I'll probably write about it for my website. Might even do a YouTube video!

Fascinating that they'd include a 14500 battery and not appear to know about chargers (see the QA near the bottom of the listing...). If you have the ability to determine the battery's capacity, that would be great information.

Looking forward to your review.

(edit) looked again, and it seems like you plug a wallwart into the flashlight to charge it, which is more frightening than I can imagine...
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 04:18:19 AM by ruffles »

Offline Yorker59

• Lightsngear
« Reply #48 on: January 11, 2015, 08:26:56 PM »
I had heard that it's a 700 mAh battery. Quite respectable.
How can you do that without a flashlight?

Offline Kyfishguy

« Reply #49 on: January 13, 2015, 02:07:52 AM »
I've ordered an assortment of XP sized reflector gaskets, an OP p60 kit, an XP 16mm noctigon, and a 1x 7135 AK-47A driver programmed to drive a nichia 219 to... 15 lumens.  Wife likes the output of an incan mini mag but wants a tail clicky and a more stable light for bezel standing.   All ordered from Mountain Electronics.

Offline bladesmith3

• Lounge Lizards
« Reply #50 on: January 28, 2015, 10:00:17 PM »
I just ordered a tn36 with mk-r today

Offline 18sixfifty

• Global Moderator
« Reply #51 on: January 28, 2015, 11:23:15 PM »
Welcome aboard bladesmith! Sounds like an nice purchase.

Offline JohnnyMac

• Team Kronos
  • Administrator
  • TFF Co-Founder
    • Johnny Mac Reviews
« Reply #52 on: January 29, 2015, 01:19:15 AM »
I just ordered a tn36 with mk-r today
Awesome choice, Bladesmith3!  Did you get a CW or NW?  I am waiting for my NW version to ship out and am super jazzed about it.  Should be a real monster.  I also have a Niwalker MM15 that should be hitting the states any day now and I am looking forward to comparing the two of them.

Offline richbuff

« Reply #53 on: November 30, 2016, 08:06:07 AM »
Two lights on order: 1. P60vn light engine quad XHP35 16 volt, 4*18350 body,

and 2.  Acebeam X65vn.

Ordered because: 1. Maximum power for its size, and

2. Largest amount of combination of throw and power.

I am very excited about these two lights.
I like to edc large, high performance lights.

Offline JohnnyMac

• Team Kronos
  • Administrator
  • TFF Co-Founder
    • Johnny Mac Reviews
« Reply #54 on: December 02, 2016, 01:20:05 AM »
Damn! That P60VN will be bright as hell for a short while but an awesome "Wow!" light.

Offline NorthernHarrier

• This Space For Rent
« Reply #55 on: December 02, 2016, 02:42:46 AM »
I ordered a Zebralight SC32w on October 20 (backorder)
I ordered a Zebralight SC62w today, with two 18650 protected cells from them as well.

I had not ordered any new lights in several years, until this autumn, when I decided to update my flashlight supply and take advantage of Li-Ion's for the first time in years.  My only other Zebralight is a first generation SC52, so I'm looking forward to these two new lights very much - when they get here.
I went to the store to buy batteries - but they weren't included, so I had to buy them again.  -- Steven Wright

Offline JohnnyMac

• Team Kronos
  • Administrator
  • TFF Co-Founder
    • Johnny Mac Reviews
« Reply #56 on: December 03, 2016, 07:26:04 AM »
I ordered a Zebralight SC62w today, with two 18650 protected cells from them as well.

I had not ordered any new lights in several years, until this autumn, when I decided to update my flashlight supply and take advantage of Li-Ion's for the first time in years.  My only other Zebralight is a first generation SC52, so I'm looking forward to these two new lights very much - when they get here.
Great lights!  You're going to love them.

Offline NorthernHarrier

• This Space For Rent
« Reply #57 on: December 04, 2016, 05:04:44 AM »

Great lights!  You're going to love them.

Thanks JohnnyMac!  I received the shipping notice on the SC32w late yesterday!  Yay!   :D
I went to the store to buy batteries - but they weren't included, so I had to buy them again.  -- Steven Wright

Offline bykfixer

« Reply #58 on: February 12, 2017, 02:57:20 AM »
New guy here,

I have some of PK's old stuff from Icon on the way to add to the collection. A Modus 1 and 2 are enroute.

Some nip Pentagon eX2' a nip 100 lumen L2, and a custom made LED drop in for the X3.
John 3:16

Offline DaHen

« Reply #59 on: February 20, 2017, 02:36:32 PM »
This morning I ordered two Nitecore TIP 360 Lumen USB Rechargeable LED Keychain Flashlights. One is for my grandson.  :)