Author Topic: Apple charger and batteries anyone?  (Read 3490 times)

Offline Dancer

Apple charger and batteries anyone?
« on: September 07, 2013, 05:29:47 PM »
I recently purchased a new Mac laptop that  included two Apple branded NiMh batteries and a neat little charger. Can we trust this charger with our valued Eneloops? Are the Apple batteries in fact Eneloops?  Has anyone taken the charger apart and tested the output? Here is the link ($29 doesn't seem like a bad price for charger and 6 batteries):  http://store.apple.com/us/product/MC500LL/A/apple-battery-charger?fnode=5a

Some of the comments seem quite positive....

Offline [MOD-BOT]

• Lounge Lizards
  • Master Flashaholic
    • Worldwide Flashlight Forum
Re: Apple charger and batteries anyone?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2013, 05:43:14 PM »
I recently purchased a new Mac laptop that  included two Apple branded NiMh batteries and a neat little charger. Can we trust this charger with our valued Eneloops? Are the Apple batteries in fact Eneloops?  Has anyone taken the charger apart and tested the output? Here is the link ($29 doesn't seem like a bad price for charger and 6 batteries):  http://store.apple.com/us/product/MC500LL/A/apple-battery-charger?fnode=5a

Some of the comments seem quite positive....

Yep, they're eneloops.
I love them.

How much do you want for the charger?
Your Forum Guard

Offline Dancer

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2013, 06:04:50 PM »
Sorry if you misunderstood, I don't want to sell the charger, I just wanted to know how good it is.... I have read that some of these type of chargers push a lot of current initially and may reduce battery life.

Offline [MOD-BOT]

• Lounge Lizards
  • Master Flashaholic
    • Worldwide Flashlight Forum
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2013, 10:49:19 PM »
Sorry if you misunderstood, I don't want to sell the charger, I just wanted to know how good it is.... I have read that some of these type of chargers push a lot of current initially and may reduce battery life.

Just asking...

Anyways,
I've found they still output a charge even when they register a full charge, however I can't confirm this 100%
Your Forum Guard