Author Topic: Wallbuys Li-ion batteries  (Read 5020 times)

Offline Chloe

• Lounge Lizards
  • ♡彡
Wallbuys Li-ion batteries
« on: September 16, 2013, 04:03:05 PM »
I saw this notice today:

About Battery

Now China post can not ship batteries, singapore post is available ,but the shipping cost is higher, so we have to increase the price of our batteries .

if you meet any problem, contact us soon

9/16/2013

I thought China Post can ship lithium batteries? I know Efest changed from China Post to Singapore Post soon after Hong Kong Post released this statement about postal delays, yet FastTech just started using China Post for lithium batteries!

10 September 2013
Delay In Outbound Air Mail Services

To safeguard aviation security, Hongkong Post does not accept the sending of air mail items (including Speedpost) that contain dangerous articles such as perfumery products, lighters and lithium batteries. Hence, all mail items entering the Air Mail Centre are subject to x-ray screening. Recently, there is an increasing number of air mail items detected to contain suspected dangerous articles, in particular, lithium batteries, which lengthens the screening process. In this connection, air mail registration service, iMail service and Bulk Air Mail service may be subject to delay. Any inconvenience caused is much regretted.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 04:03:34 PM by Chloe »

Offline JohnnyMac

• Team Kronos
  • Administrator
  • TFF Co-Founder
    • Johnny Mac Reviews
Re: Wallbuys Li-ion batteries
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2013, 04:49:13 PM »
Yes, this whole thing is a confusing mess.  Some say it's all because of that e-cig that exploded on the user but I think it is related to some 9/11 scare since it all started a week prior.  I'm guessing that several governments had word of a potential attack around the anniversary of 9/11 and everyone was taking extra precautions but who knows.  I actually hope I'm correct in my theory because that means that the threat level will die down and things will return to normal soon.  As long as Li-Ion cells are packaged correctly (in plastic cases the way FT ships them) there shouldn't be an issue with them.  I can see loose cells in a padded envelope being a potential issue because they could short out on each other (still pretty slim odds) but when packaged correctly and responsibly they should pose no risk than they ever have.  As far as I know Li-Ions have never caused an issue in a jet except for those power packs recently but those weren't regular consumer batteries so they shouldn't count IMO.  This is all typical liberal knee-jerk reaction to someone doing something stupid and not taking responsibility for it.

Offline MRsDNF

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2013, 10:18:13 PM »
You have all scared me. I have ordered batteries that wont get used for six months just in case.
When the big picture is to big, look for a point you can start at and build from there.

Offline wallbuys

• Commercial Traders
    • Find more good flashlights
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2013, 09:04:41 AM »
this is cherry from wallbuys

About the battery:
After Hongkong post forbid Batteries, and now China post also can not ship batteries, only singapore post is available, but the price is higher, so we have to increase the price

and if other dealer ship batteries by Hongkong post, all the packages in that day will be detained, so....

but if your orders is detained, send us a email, we will deal with it soon, we can resend it by singapore post or refund your money
The most important thing in the world is to keep the soul aloft

Offline Chloe

• Lounge Lizards
  • ♡彡
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2013, 02:25:13 PM »
Thank you, Cherry. I know some other dealers are still using Hong Kong Post and say some lithium are getting through.

Even an order of mine containing 2x18650 cells is now 'transporting', after being held for over two weeks.

Offline hammerheel68

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2013, 11:26:37 PM »
I normally buy my Batteries from TMart's US Warehouse; have had no problems at all.

Offline JohnnyMac

• Team Kronos
  • Administrator
  • TFF Co-Founder
    • Johnny Mac Reviews
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2013, 08:11:55 PM »
I normally buy my Batteries from TMart's US Warehouse; have had no problems at all.
I haven't bought cells from there in a while, Hammerheel.  Are they still offering only Trustfire and Ultrafire cells from the US warehouse?

Offline Don

• Lounge Lizards
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2013, 09:37:49 PM »
You have all scared me. I have ordered batteries that wont get used for six months just in case.

One carrier - I think it was FedEx - lost a 747 to a few tons of CR123s which went kaboom in the aircraft - fortunately it was on the ground at the time. Note, CR123 not RCR123 or 16340.

Those primary cells appear to be less safe than the rechargeable ones. There was a lot of discussion of this in CPF around 2007.

Doubtless in one of their many crashes they lost all those posts though.

The Wayback Machine might possibly have an archive.

Though all my attempts to find stuff (mostly pics) on the Wayback machine have been failures.