Author Topic: What is your primary EDC light lately?  (Read 21704 times)

Offline MRsDNF

• Global Moderator
Re: What is your primary EDC light lately?
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2014, 10:47:17 AM »
Yours is the second one I've heard of losing a light with a magnet. I think the other was gords with it stuck under a car. Good find.
When the big picture is to big, look for a point you can start at and build from there.

Offline jacktheclipper

• Lounge Lizards
    • Dillard Street Barbershop
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2014, 01:38:54 AM »
S2 XML T5 5C .
Shown here with my wave modded Enlan EL01 .

Offline harry218

« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2014, 09:16:39 AM »
Hi guys first post here in TFF. I have been carrying Spark SF5 NW for about a week now. I really like the tint and and flexibility with both eneloop and 14500. I also just received the S2+ T6-4C from Simon and it is really great little tube light. Only 2-3 cm longer than the SF5 but as a plus it will provide longer runtime using 18650. I will swap the reflector with TIR in the future. Might win a crown as my EDC.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 09:20:32 AM by harry218 »

Offline MRsDNF

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2014, 09:22:56 AM »
Hi and welcome Harry. You will have to post your mod here when you'r finished with before and after shots. The pressures on.  ;)
When the big picture is to big, look for a point you can start at and build from there.

Offline JohnnyMac

• Team Kronos
  • Administrator
  • TFF Co-Founder
    • Johnny Mac Reviews
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2014, 01:40:08 PM »
Welcome to the TFF family and congrats on your first post! :)

The Spark sounds nice. How low is the lowest mode? I have an S2 host on the way that I will be making a triple XP-G2 edc from with 1500 OTF lumens.  You're going to love yours.  4C is a great tint.  ;)

Offline harry218

« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2014, 03:45:45 PM »
Thanks for the warm welcome guys. I'm still waiting for that TIR from FT. The lowest mode on Spark around 1lm according to manufacturer's specs. I think it is a bit high in real life but I have no way to know the actual number. Triple XP-G2 in S2 sounds really awesome! 1500 OTF lm? It must be really hot!  :D

Offline JohnnyMac

• Team Kronos
  • Administrator
  • TFF Co-Founder
    • Johnny Mac Reviews
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2014, 06:07:04 PM »
Thanks for the warm welcome guys. I'm still waiting for that TIR from FT. The lowest mode on Spark around 1lm according to manufacturer's specs. I think it is a bit high in real life but I have no way to know the actual number. Triple XP-G2 in S2 sounds really awesome! 1500 OTF lm? It must be really hot!  :D
1 lumen is a lot brighter than people think it is.  I prefer less than a half a lumen for moon low.  Even a tenth of a lumen is plenty bright.

Heat with triple XP-G2?  Damned straight but that's what low and medium are for.  With a Qlite driver I will have a moon low to make it perfect for EDC and a stunner. :D

Where are you located?  What size TIR are you waiting on?  I have a lot of 20mm TIR in different viewing angles.

Offline Spasmod

• Administrator
  • TFF Co-Founder
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2014, 07:14:02 PM »
Just popped in to say Welcome to TFF Harry :D

Offline harry218

« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2014, 04:57:35 PM »
I'm from Malaysia, JohnnyMac. I agree 1 lumen is brighter than most people expected. I'm used to Olight S10's 0.5 moonlight mode and it was bright too. Thanks to you too Spasmod for running this great forum.

Offline JohnnyMac

• Team Kronos
  • Administrator
  • TFF Co-Founder
    • Johnny Mac Reviews
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2014, 07:38:49 PM »
I'm from Malaysia, JohnnyMac. I agree 1 lumen is brighter than most people expected. I'm used to Olight S10's 0.5 moonlight mode and it was bright too. Thanks to you too Spasmod for running this great forum.
Malaysia?  Well I guess I won't be mailing you a TIR to save time.  You'd be better off waiting for yours to arrive from FT. :P :D

Offline WarHawk-AVG

« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2014, 06:51:58 AM »
Primary EDC, left front pocket I have an old beat up 1 mode SK68 with a 14500, and in my right pocket an old beat up convoy S5 running specialized STAR firmware

Then in my Maxpedition fatboy whatever I happen to grab from my desk and toss in there (along with my hidden SIG P6 :D)
(all my vaping stuff and other miscellaneous flashlights/spare Efest batts for my vaping rigs)

Offline Spasmod

• Administrator
  • TFF Co-Founder
Re: Re: What is your primary EDC light lately?
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2014, 11:10:02 AM »
Awesome!..

Vaping eh ? I know a couple of Vaping enthusiasts :P

Offline JohnnyMac

• Team Kronos
  • Administrator
  • TFF Co-Founder
    • Johnny Mac Reviews
Re: Re: What is your primary EDC light lately?
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2014, 03:41:06 PM »
Awesome!..

Vaping eh ? I know a couple of Vaping enthusiasts :P
Bah!   Don't be so vague, Spas.  :P  WarHawk, get your ass over to TVF and let's start talking vape stuff as well!   ;D

Offline DBSAR

• Lounge Lizards
  • Flashaholic Lumeniphilis
« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2014, 07:56:14 AM »
My current pocket EDC is now a new modded Tank007 E09 with Nichia 219A reflowed onto the original star.
Let there be Light !

Offline Suncoaster

« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2014, 10:18:22 AM »
Changes quite often, I currently EDC a Convoy S3 with 3 mode QLite 8x7135 driver and XML-2 T6 3B.