Author Topic: What is your primary EDC light lately?  (Read 20502 times)

Offline Gazeddy

Re: What is your primary EDC light lately?
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2014, 10:19:35 AM »
snap on branded coast a25r. it just works
and has a nice belt holster

Offline Cereal_Killer

• Commercial Traders
  • Killer Lumens
    • killerlumens.com
« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2014, 01:54:37 PM »
For th past several months it's been my triple XP-G2 S6 (2 r5 dedomed, 1 dome on S2 2B) and my highly customized nitecore D10 piston drive.

Used to the S6 was my main go to and the D10 my backup. With the most recent redesign of driver and totally new UI the roles have reversed- I use the D10 more (left front pocket) and the S6 is backup / when 700Lm isn't enough.

The D10 is infinitely adjustable from .5-700+ via ramping, level is memorized and there's all sorts of in UI configurable options and junk, it's the 4th iteration of driver and I think it's finally done, except maybe I'll just do that one more mod... (I would really like to put a TIR in it, I prefer major flood in my EDC)

Can you guys see the pic? First time hot linking to an image hosted on my site.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 02:00:14 PM by Cereal_Killer »
Email me : Dan@killerlumens.com
my sales site : www.killerlumens.com (under construction)
blog : www.killerlumens.net (reviews and stuff)

Online JohnnyMac

• Team Kronos
  • Administrator
  • TFF Co-Founder
    • Johnny Mac Reviews
« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2014, 02:47:42 PM »
For th past several months it's been my triple XP-G2 S6 (2 r5 dedomed, 1 dome on S2 2B) and my highly customized nitecore D10 piston drive.

Used to the S6 was my main go to and the D10 my backup. With the most recent redesign of driver and totally new UI the roles have reversed- I use the D10 more (left front pocket) and the S6 is backup / when 700Lm isn't enough.

The D10 is infinitely adjustable from .5-700+ via ramping, level is memorized and there's all sorts of in UI configurable options and junk, it's the 4th iteration of driver and I think it's finally done, except maybe I'll just do that one more mod... (I would really like to put a TIR in it, I prefer major flood in my EDC)

I sure can!  I can just make out the triple optics in the S6.  How big a difference does dedoming make in those Carlo optics?

Offline Lithium

« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2014, 06:33:07 PM »
What, where? How do you do that? I want one!

Offline Cereal_Killer

• Commercial Traders
  • Killer Lumens
    • killerlumens.com
« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2014, 07:19:01 PM »

[img]http://nebula.wsimg.com/8b2f4e0425df1e9d8e616e2589366667?AccessKeyId=8ADBBE6F3FFA9C89B4CA&disposition=0&alloworigin=1[/img

I sure can!  I can just make out the triple optics in the S6.  How big a difference does dedoming make in those Carlo optics?

Well the dedome wasn't intentional, when I first built it it was running @ 13A, I killed one emitter and burned the domes on the other too (technically it "killed" them too but only the domes were blackened, the die's were still good) so I replaced the totally dead one and dedomed the other 2.

It really cleaned up the beam, the TIR's caused artifacts threw the scattering effect, this is noticeable cause with the one dome on led there is 1/3 of the beam that has the artifacts (from the dome on S2) but the other 2/3's are clean. I need to swap all 3 out for dedomed XP-L's but the only ones I have left on hand are the ones donated by Illumn for my GAW lights so I can't use them for personal projects.

Offline Cereal_Killer

• Commercial Traders
  • Killer Lumens
    • killerlumens.com
« Reply #35 on: August 28, 2014, 02:25:30 AM »
What, where? How do you do that? I want one!

Thats the beauty of high level mods, you can have truly one of a kind stuff! (this is the UI I''m using on several new drivers, I just happen to demo it in my D10- the first light I got running with it)

http://www.youtube.com/v/WMSw6kezl30&fs=1

http://www.youtube.com/v/fa332YFJ66Q&fs=1

http://www.youtube.com/v/H80inL3Lq8g&fs=1

Offline Lithium

« Reply #36 on: August 28, 2014, 05:43:52 PM »
Awesome!

Wher do I send the money?  :D

Offline [MOD-BOT]

• Lounge Lizards
  • Master Flashaholic
    • Worldwide Flashlight Forum
« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2014, 09:23:27 AM »
Using a nickel plated Leaf 6P body with smoothie head and 24k gold plated tail/cren bezel and mcclicky.
It's running the cheapest, crappiest, dimmest "super brite" dropin on the market, but the light itself is absolutely stunning.

Also EDCing the NiWalker MiniMax 15 (Micro Tiny Monster)
••••••••••••Your Forum Guard™••••••••••••

Offline Gj

« Reply #38 on: September 02, 2014, 01:21:20 AM »
Mainly a Convoy S6 with XP-G2 2S 2B, 3.04A driver with Star firmware, Moon, 1%, 5%, 20%, 100%, 2-min step-down. Supplemented with a Convoy M1, MT-G2, Efest IMR18350's in direct drive when a bit more light is needed.

Online JohnnyMac

• Team Kronos
  • Administrator
  • TFF Co-Founder
    • Johnny Mac Reviews
« Reply #39 on: September 02, 2014, 03:49:26 PM »
Mainly a Convoy S6 with XP-G2 2S 2B, 3.04A driver with Star firmware, Moon, 1%, 5%, 20%, 100%, 2-min step-down. Supplemented with a Convoy M1, MT-G2, Efest IMR18350's in direct drive when a bit more light is needed.
MT-G2 in an M1?  Must be all flood!  What kind of output do you get with it and for how long?

Offline Gj

« Reply #40 on: September 02, 2014, 08:05:44 PM »
MT-G2 in an M1?  Must be all flood!  What kind of output do you get with it and for how long?

I'm not set up for measuring output but pushing the button seems to trigger an uncontrollable grin.  ;D 
I estimate 8-10min. run time on Efest IMR's. Long enough to get a "Oh my God!" from the muggles.  :o

Offline Xandre

« Reply #41 on: October 11, 2014, 10:15:37 PM »
My EDC is a C3 SS

Long time ago my first mod and modded again and again.

First was an Ultrafire Dropin dremeld to fit in,high mid low . High~ 3,3A

The result was great at this time:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ea8GmpKjppc.

Later dremeld a 17mm driver to fit in the dropin. 2,8A @ high

Change the LED on cooper XML NW

Then we start to try dedoming and cut the dome with a knive.(Andi and me)
It was the first "dedomed" LED in  Germany.
Not perfect,but a few LUX more.. :) .

This flashlight is really old, but I like it cause of the reminders.

Greets Xandre

Offline TKC

• “There is no need for temples, no need for complic
« Reply #42 on: March 12, 2017, 06:56:00 PM »
My primary EDC is a Malkoff SHO.
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."

Offline bykfixer

« Reply #43 on: April 06, 2017, 02:00:02 AM »
I carry a clipless PKDL PR-1 in my right pocket, a black PL2 by PKDL in my left pocket and in my jacket or vest a black SureFire EB1c (200 lumens) in the left and a gen 1 Pelican 2350 in the right one.
John 3:16

Offline tinol

« Reply #44 on: June 03, 2017, 03:24:12 AM »
For me its a very simple Maglite XL50. Cheap and works well.