Author Topic: Would anyone please help testing my new driver software?  (Read 3260 times)

Offline _the_

• Flashaholic
  • Lounge Lizards
Would anyone please help testing my new driver software?
« on: June 24, 2014, 09:02:40 PM »
I have almost finished programming a new driver software for NANJG105C with the following features:
- High PWM (19kHz, totally unnoticeable & silent)
- Four modes: LowLow-Low-Med-Turbo (exact percentages still to be defined)
- Turbo timer (ramp down to about 1.4A after 2min to prevent overheating)
- Memory kicks in after 1s on
- Ability to choose mode order: Low to High by default, or High to Low with a star soldered
- Ability to disable LowLow mode by soldering another star
- Ability to disable mode memory by soldering yet another star (starts then always on 1st mode: LowLow, Low, or Turbo, depending on the other settings)
- Three hidden strobe modes (loop through all modes twice without over 1s pause to access: Strobe -> 1s beacon -> 10s beacon)
- Low voltage detection (totally untested)

The source code is about ready, but requires lots of testing and iterating the variables still. But I'm already quite happy with it! :)

I'd rather not share the source code yet (as unfinished), but I could send the binary file to couple of members to be tested / tried out. Would anyone please help?

Offline Spasmod

• Administrator
  • TFF Co-Founder
Re: Would anyone please help testing my new driver software?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2014, 09:14:26 PM »
If I had a PIC programmer I'd happily help out, I already have a 105C in one of my zoomies. I must pick one of those up at some stage as I'd love to have a play around with some programming for it. :)

Offline WarHawk-AVG

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2014, 04:21:40 AM »
I know Cereal_killer over at BLF is really good for testing firmwares

I have a tweak of DrJones luxdrv that is ramp only, infinitely variable levels and will remember the last mode you stopped at on next power up (was also working on a version that would reset back to lowest "moon" level on next start too [aka no mem])...right now my daggum programmer clip is toast so flashing the 15mm 5*7135 105C I designed is pretty much impossible...Cereal really came thru for me and tested it...even made a few video's too

Offline MRsDNF

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2014, 11:41:10 AM »
Its all out of my league. Good luck with the outcome.
When the big picture is to big, look for a point you can start at and build from there.

Offline Cereal_Killer

• Commercial Traders
  • Killer Lumens
    • killerlumens.com
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2014, 08:30:11 AM »
I know Cereal_killer over at BLF is really good for testing firmwares

I have a tweak of DrJones luxdrv that is ramp only, infinitely variable levels and will remember the last mode you stopped at on next power up (was also working on a version that would reset back to lowest "moon" level on next start too [aka no mem])...right now my daggum programmer clip is toast so flashing the 15mm 5*7135 105C I designed is pretty much impossible...Cereal really came thru for me and tested it...even made a few video's too

I've been all over this since back when it was on-time based!

_the_ just checking in here, registered yesterday, I flashed that v03 you emailed me the other day, the 3sec preview is great! That was my complaint in v02 and why I still had v01 on one of my two test lights, cause I HATED that you couldnt get a preview of the hidden mode, if you hit the wrong one you had to go ALL the way back around.

I've got so many identical solarforce P60's I use for testing FW I had to heat shrink tube them so I can write on the tube what's what lol.

I'd LOVE to see a PIC version of this. [I know it probably wont happen] but may I suggest using the 12F629, its the MCU on a VAST majority of the PIC based drivers I pull out of stuff so it'd be the best bet to do what happened with the 13A: get a bunch of driver designs based off all the parts that come on a factory driver.

I really cant wait for the source code man, I cant wait to see how you did some of the stuff these things do. I was under the impression you weren't going to release it (which is understandable) so that's great to read you are planning on doing so eventually.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 08:33:31 AM by Cereal_Killer »
Email me : Dan@killerlumens.com
my sales site : www.killerlumens.com (under construction)
blog : www.killerlumens.net (reviews and stuff)