Author Topic: Looking for deals on CHEAP side switch lights  (Read 5656 times)

Offline Cereal_Killer

• Commercial Traders
  • Killer Lumens
    • killerlumens.com
Looking for deals on CHEAP side switch lights
« on: August 22, 2014, 01:09:04 PM »
I'm needing to get a few cheap side switch lights as FW testing hosts. I got one yesterday from a very generous BLF member but I can only fit a 15mm driver in it, I really need to put my new 17mm FET PIC driver threw its paces. I have no preferences other than side e-switch so I'll take anything I can find. I'd like to pick up 3 or 4 for under $10/ea, does anyone know of any codes / sales going on right now on anything?
Email me : Dan@killerlumens.com
my sales site : www.killerlumens.com (under construction)
blog : www.killerlumens.net (reviews and stuff)

Offline JohnnyMac

• Team Kronos
  • Administrator
  • TFF Co-Founder
    • Johnny Mac Reviews
Re: Looking for deals on CHEAP side switch lights
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2014, 03:05:11 PM »
I have one that I would love to have modded with one of your drivers.  I could send it to you to install and test with but only if you send it back with your new driver when you are done putting it through it's paces.  ;D  It's a Small Sun ZY-T29 and I never use it because I despise the driver that's in it.

Hey, it's worth a try :P

Offline JohnnyMac

• Team Kronos
  • Administrator
  • TFF Co-Founder
    • Johnny Mac Reviews
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2014, 03:10:29 PM »
Looking around of FT I don't see anything under $15 and they no longer sell the Small Sun which would be $13.  Ebay may have some deals.

I also have an Solarstorm SC02 with a driver I hate due to PWM and lack of good low.  Same deal with that.  If you just want a light to test with I'd send you that instead or in addition to the ZYT29 if I get them back. 

Hell, I'll tell you what... I will send you both and you can keep the ZY-T29 if you send back the SC03 with your new driver installed. 

Deal? ;D

Offline Cereal_Killer

• Commercial Traders
  • Killer Lumens
    • killerlumens.com
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2014, 04:07:38 PM »
Looking around of FT I don't see anything under $15 and they no longer sell the Small Sun which would be $13.  Ebay may have some deals.

I also have an Solarstorm SC02 with a driver I hate due to PWM and lack of good low.  Same deal with that.  If you just want a light to test with I'd send you that instead or in addition to the ZYT29 if I get them back. 

Hell, I'll tell you what... I will send you both and you can keep the ZY-T29 if you send back the SC03 with your new driver installed. 

Deal? ;D

I'll take you up on that, so I can keep the Smallsun for doing your SC02?
I actually have both an SC02 and an SC01 in my cart at fasttech right now, looking forward to getting both of those so I can definitely do yours in the mean time. I hope its cool of it takes 3 weeks- a month. I'll have to get new boards for that SolarStorm (same circuit design, but I know those use a strange, non-standard size driver).

PM me for my address if you are wanting to go for it and are cool with it taking ~3-4 weeks.

In the mean time does anyone know of any side switch zoomies other than this one?
http://m.banggood.com/Ultrafire-CREE-XM-L-T6-2000lm-Zoomable-LED-Flashlight-18650-p-90991.html

Offline TomE

• Lounge Lizards
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2014, 10:19:19 PM »
There was a really useful thread/post on these Small Sun's and their clones (UltraFire/Aleto) branded I believe. I got a handful of these lights, in various states of modded or stock. I thought some were more guaranteed to have alum reflectors -
I bought this: http://www.banggood.com/CREE-XM-L-T6-1800lm-5-Modes-Zoomable-LED-Flashlight-Black-p-80813.html
and this: http://www.banggood.com/Ultrafire-Cree-XML-T6-1800-Lm-LED-Flashlight-18650-+-Charger-p-84738.html
and a XY-T29 no longer listed at BG

Offline TomE

• Lounge Lizards
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2014, 10:22:45 PM »

Offline Cereal_Killer

• Commercial Traders
  • Killer Lumens
    • killerlumens.com
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2014, 11:10:46 PM »
That trustfire is the one I just got hooked up with yesterday and have running.

Is this a 5 year old's hand or is this light really this big

Link if pic doesn't hotlink:
http://m.banggood.com/index.php?com=detail&t=showBigImg&product_id=90991&pictureindex=7

Does anyone know anything about this light? Lens , heatsinking, is it worth $11?

Offline JohnnyMac

• Team Kronos
  • Administrator
  • TFF Co-Founder
    • Johnny Mac Reviews
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2014, 01:57:29 AM »
That trustfire is the one I just got hooked up with yesterday and have running.

Is this a 5 year old's hand or is this light really this big

Link if pic doesn't hotlink:
http://m.banggood.com/index.php?com=detail&t=showBigImg&product_id=90991&pictureindex=7

Does anyone know anything about this light? Lens , heatsinking, is it worth $11?
LOL! I was thinking the sameme thing when I saw that pic. It looks like a 26650 light instead of 18650.

Offline Cereal_Killer

• Commercial Traders
  • Killer Lumens
    • killerlumens.com
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2014, 05:49:41 AM »
Found this

however after watching the video its clear its one of those zoomies with absolutely zero heatsinking, since the head doesnt extend that means its moving the emitter inside so there is no pill, let alone a hollow one...

On with my search for a good quality side switch zoomie. *I cant comment on the quality of the other one I posted but it just looks to big, if I'm gonna have a zoomie that large it better have a nice big lense on it, that doesnt look 30mm, some company needs to make a side switch version of the good old T20! Is anyone in any sort of position to approach a mfg about this? it doesnt have to be an exact T20 with a side switch added on, but something with a nice ~40mm or so lens, good thermals and mod friendly like the T20 is.