Author Topic: Retractable syringes  (Read 1995 times)

Offline WarHawk-AVG

Retractable syringes
« on: December 10, 2014, 10:13:33 AM »
ok...long story short...I'm an older guy (40)...having massive mood swings, irritability, lethargic, fuzzy mind, can't focus, no motivation...turns out after bloodwork I have VERY low testosterone so getting low dose injectable testosterone to help bring my levels up a bit...

Get syringes from CVS 1.5" long...uh no...wife goes to another pharmacy...comes back with one with a 1" needle
We try to swap the needles (they unscrew and are interchangeable...the new one she bought wouldn't...hmmm (didn't dawn on me to really heavily inspect the syringe either)

I have an aversion to blood...my blood, if I see it I get light headed and do pass out (I'm not to proud to admit it), and I can't also force my brain to force my hand to stab myself with anything, my wife can't stab someone else...so I turn to my combat medic Vietnam vet father...he sticks me no problem but when done we hear a crack sound and up comes the syringe with NO NEEDLE on it...oh great he snapped it off in my ass cheek.

Go to urgent care, x-rays...the radiologist says she can't see it but then tells me they have retractable syringes...I NEVER knew those things existed...
Got home...looked in the trash...sure efreekin'nuff!

http://www.bd.com/hypodermic/products/integra/Syringe with Retracting Needle - BD Integra Syringe

Damn needle retracts and disappears into the handle!!!  So when dad came back with a syringe with NO needle I freaked out thinking the snapped it off!  Thus the trip to the hospital and x-rays

So I feel like a horses ass and deserve to be butt of everyones jokes :(

DOH

So now you know...don't make the same mistake I did if you ever have to give yourself self injections
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 10:14:35 AM by WarHawk-AVG »

Offline WarHawk-AVG

Re: Retractable syringes
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2014, 10:17:16 AM »
P.S.  Got the needles from the CVS tonight...fvkn' 1.5" again

S'okay, mother in law got to see the bulk of my bare ass cheek tonight (not like I didn't walk in on her in my bathroom taking a shower once when she lived with me and my wife for a while...I needed extra heavy duty brain bleach to get rid of the image of her bending over and those thumb size nips pointing at the floor...uggggggggh)[does that qualify as TMI?], wasn't trusting my dad again, she regularly injects insulin so she is very capable of jabbing herself or others.

Went off w/o a hitch...even with a 1.5" long needle

Offline jacktheclipper

• Lounge Lizards
    • Dillard Street Barbershop
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2014, 01:30:21 PM »
AAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA !

Thanks for the great laugh !

Hope all goes well from here on out .

Offline JohnnyMac

• Team Kronos
  • Administrator
  • TFF Co-Founder
    • Johnny Mac Reviews
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2014, 04:04:58 PM »
Hahahah!  Great story, bud!  It's funny, I suffer from all the same symptoms as you but when tested for low-T I'm always in the acceptable range and they say it's not the issue.  I think their full of shit but I'm not the doctor.  Anyway, if the time ever comes up I will remember about those syringes.  LOL...I can only imagine how dumb you felt when you found out there wasn't a needle left in your ass.  ;D ;D ;D

Offline MRsDNF

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2014, 07:04:43 PM »
Thanks for the laugh. I'll show the wife this one as she'll shake her haed and walk away. She works with needles all day.  ;D
When the big picture is to big, look for a point you can start at and build from there.