Author Topic: My Collection (as of a few days ago) :-)  (Read 11711 times)

Offline david57strat

• Lounge Lizards
My Collection (as of a few days ago) :-)
« on: April 21, 2015, 05:14:09 PM »
Really glad to be here.  I've been a flashlight fanatic for a while, now.  Here is the current round-up (minus a Fenix TK51 that was just delivered yesterday.  Note the empty spot I created for it, on the right, between the Thrunite TN30, and the ThruNite Catapult V3 :-)):

I'm looking forward to participating in this forum, and learning/sharing all that I can, here!

Offline JohnnyMac

• Team Kronos
  • Administrator
  • TFF Co-Founder
    • Johnny Mac Reviews
Re: My Collection (as of a few days ago) :-)
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2015, 06:04:54 PM »
Nice!  Someone likes his P60s!   :P  Not a huge P60 fan, myself, but I do dig those L2N Solarforces.

I count just over 60 lights, David.  Very nice collection you have!  Love it!

One day I'll gather all mine and arrange them like you have done there and take some pics. :D

Offline MRsDNF

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2015, 09:15:13 PM »
Where are these 60 lights? Ok I see them now. I thought I was looking at a Piccaso. I haven't seen lights in an orderly fashion like this before. Very nice collection. Do the think you may just have a slight problem?
When the big picture is to big, look for a point you can start at and build from there.

Offline david57strat

• Lounge Lizards
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2015, 06:44:13 AM »
Nice!  Someone likes his P60s!   :P  Not a huge P60 fan, myself, but I do dig those L2N Solarforces.

I count just over 60 lights, David.  Very nice collection you have!  Love it!

One day I'll gather all mine and arrange them like you have done there and take some pics. :D

Thanks, JohnnyMac!  It's 64 lights, pictured.  This one below (on the right) makes 65.

Fenix TK51 (on the right).  I put it next to my tiny e15, just for laughs.  The TK51 just dwarfs the little e15. 

I'll definitely look forward to seeing pictures of your lights :-)

Offline david57strat

• Lounge Lizards
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2015, 06:51:42 AM »
Where are these 60 lights? Ok I see them now. I thought I was looking at a Piccaso. I haven't seen lights in an orderly fashion like this before. Very nice collection. Do the think you may just have a slight problem?

Thanks, MRsDNF! Much appreciated. 

I'd say I have two slight problems.  The first one is, I am the total light junkie.  Can never have enough lights.  There's always something out there.  I'm limited as to what I can get, by funds (What else is new lol).  Secondly, I seem to be running out of shelf space.

And yes - I am definitely anal about the way I like organizing my belongings.  On the other hand, if they weren't organized, I'd never find them all, so easily. 

The back row is arranged by battery type, then by size.
The middle row is all of the 18650 lights (that aren't SolarForce)
The front row is all of the Solarforce lights, and they're arranged by model number lol.
Way up front, you'll find the only 26650 light I own - a lonely Foursevens Maelstrom X10.  I'm hoping it'll soon be joined by a Fenix PD40, I'm attempting to get on a group buy, through Budget Light Forums. 

I love Fenix lights!
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 03:14:15 AM by david57strat »

Offline david57strat

• Lounge Lizards
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2015, 02:30:49 AM »
Here we go.  This is the most recent picture I've taken.  I went outside with the lights, and got this:

The TK51 has taken its proper place, almost all the way on the right in the middle row :-)

It was pretty overcast, outside.  I prefer shooting on sunny days, and usually in color.  Black and white is fun too!

Offline david57strat

• Lounge Lizards
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2015, 05:53:37 PM »
Here is the latest picture - at least, until I can get outside and take a real shot. It includes the newly-acquired Fenix PD40, Jetbeam WL-S4, and Armytek Barracuda

I think I'm going to be needing another shelf, soon lol :D

Offline david57strat

• Lounge Lizards
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2015, 07:15:03 AM »
Okay. Here we go:

The newest Nitecore family shot:

The HC50 headlamp is the newest addition.  It arrived in today's mail; but now, I'm lop-sided (only 11 lights...i HATE odd numbers); so I'm going to have to do something about that. I'm thinking, a P36 :D. Maybe next month...?

HC50, on the right, pictured next to Fenix HP25, on the left. It weight wayyy less than the bulky 4-AA powered HP25. All metal construction. Five output modes, plus S.O.S., and beacon modes, and dual Red LED (solid, or blinking). Very nice! Now, I just need it get dark, so I can actually test it out.

Looks like it means business :D

Because of the recessed power switch, you could tail stand it on either end, if you wanted/needed to. You could lay the rubber part flat on a desk, and have 180 degree movement, if so desired. You can rotate the light within that little rubber mount, while it's head-mounted. It feels solid, but light. Nice!
« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 01:11:40 AM by david57strat »

Offline JohnnyMac

• Team Kronos
  • Administrator
  • TFF Co-Founder
    • Johnny Mac Reviews
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2015, 06:28:25 PM »
Nice, nice, nice! 8)

Offline david57strat

• Lounge Lizards
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2015, 11:20:30 PM »
Most recent three additions (August purchases):

Left to Right:

EagleTac MX25L3C (6 Nichia), Armytek Dobermann XP-L, and Solarforce L2D18 host, with Sportac XP-G2 R5 1-mode drop-in.

I also have a Zebralight SC62W on the way.  That was my only purchase (slow month lol). It should be here tomorrow :D

Offline JohnnyMac

• Team Kronos
  • Administrator
  • TFF Co-Founder
    • Johnny Mac Reviews
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2015, 03:40:10 AM »
David, I'm really digging that Dobermann.  How do you like it?

Offline dpadams6

« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2015, 04:33:11 AM »
Really glad to be here.  I've been a flashlight fanatic for a while, now.  Here is the current round-up (minus a Fenix TK51 that was just delivered yesterday.  Note the empty spot I created for it, on the right, between the Thrunite TN30, and the ThruNite Catapult V3 :-)):

I'm looking forward to participating in this forum, and learning/sharing all that I can, here!
Wow. I'm so jealous. How long did it take to make that beautiful family?

Offline dpadams6

« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2015, 04:36:41 AM »
Here is the latest picture - at least, until I can get outside and take a real shot. It includes the newly-acquired Fenix PD40, Jetbeam WL-S4, and Armytek Barracuda

I think I'm going to be needing another shelf, soon lol :D
How do you like your barracuda? I have one arriving in 4 days. Yeeehaaa

Offline dpadams6

« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2015, 04:38:55 AM »
Most recent three additions (August purchases):

Left to Right:

EagleTac MX25L3C (6 Nichia), Armytek Dobermann XP-L, and Solarforce L2D18 host, with Sportac XP-G2 R5 1-mode drop-in.

I also have a Zebralight SC62W on the way.  That was my only purchase (slow month lol). It should be here tomorrow :D
How do you like your Dobermann? I have a barracuda enroute. I've heard good things about armytek.

Offline david57strat

• Lounge Lizards
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2015, 04:13:04 PM »
I love my Dobermann. It's extremely well-built, and just feels right :-). My Barracuda is the nicest T6 tint light I own!