Author Topic: whats going on?  (Read 2730 times)

Offline jmpaul320

• Global Moderator
whats going on?
« on: April 28, 2015, 03:04:00 PM »
Hey guys, been a while since I really had a quality post here- hope everyone is well.

I do log in multiple times a day and read through most of the content here :) - I guess I am a lurker of some fashion?!

Havent been buying many flashlights lately actually... still been doing quite a bit of lumen testing on custom lights for vinh and some other people. I actually have a nice arrangement with vinh - I test all his lights for free and he allows me to buy them at his cost or borrow the lights for a short period of time for testing. This might not seem like a lot, but it allows me to get any "buyer fever" out of my system and decide if I really actually want the light. And If I do - I usually get a sweet modded version of something for less than the retail price :)

My Latest purchase is a sunwayman c22c which is a really nice edc light and doubles as a head lamp... currently in the process of modding to quad XPG2 5000k and XPL neutral for the side led.

I also recently bought the nightcore ec11 (18350) edc light - kind of an impuse buy, but a good group buy price... not sure if its moddable or not but I am going to at least try and swap the emitter to a neutral xpl or xml2 :)

Some of the more interesting lights I have handled in the last few months:

Eagle Tac M25C2vn Turbo head XPG2 de-dome - close to 800 OTF lumen and just shy of 800,000 lux (XML2 does 580,000 and 1250 otf)
Fenix Tk61vn50 XHP70 dedome driver vnx - dedomed xhp50 - 3000 OTF and 460,000 Lux - a beast of a light... tons of lumen AND throw - reminds me of the older sbt70 and the wide beam it used to produce in the varapower turbo 3
Fenix Tk75vn70 XHP70 - 10,200 OTF lumen at turn on and 106,000 lux - flood monster!

whats next?
5x xhp70 in x60  :o

Offline MRsDNF

• Global Moderator
Re: whats going on?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2015, 09:06:21 PM »
It sounds like you have a an official job as a tester. I haven't bought any lights for awhile as well. The only ones coming are group buy lights. WWEFANS has a titanium host that he is in the throws of nearly manufacturing in Titanium you may want to look at on BLF. Its good to hear your friendly voice again though I do here it occasionally on CPF. Stay out of trouble, Cheers.
When the big picture is to big, look for a point you can start at and build from there.

Offline JohnnyMac

• Team Kronos
  • Administrator
  • TFF Co-Founder
    • Johnny Mac Reviews
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2015, 02:30:17 AM »
Hey, buddy!  Long time no hear!  Great to see you back, you've been missed. :)

Those new lights form Vinh sound awesome!  I need to look up that M25C2.  Hard to believe an Eagle Tac can put out that much throw even with Vinh tweaking it.  Impressive.  That TK61vn50 REALLY sounds impressive!  The man does some fine work.  ;D

I also bought a SWM C22C at that GB for a steal.  It's a really great light and mu only complaint is a lack of good low mode.
  What are you doing to the driver for quad XP-G2 in the front?  Can the driver be bridged or something for more output or are you driving it stock?

I'm still impatiently waiting for my TN36NW to get shipped out.  Should be available in a couple of weeks according to Thrunite.  Meanwhile my MM15 is my output king. :P

Hit me up if you're on skype.

Offline jmpaul320

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2015, 11:29:00 AM »
I believe its a resistor mod - I had vinh tweak the driver since I couldnt fit a fet in there myself

lol look at this http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?400812-TK75vn77-Ultimate-Flood-%29

its probably around 20,000 lumen :P