Author Topic: Getting into building drivers Now.  (Read 2383 times)

Offline 18sixfifty

• Global Moderator
Getting into building drivers Now.
« on: May 18, 2015, 10:31:01 PM »
Well guys I have been really busy this spring. Planting trees and bushes right now. I'm turning my property into three tiered garden. Fruit and nut trees on top. spaces for edible bushed in the middle and edible ground cover on the bottom.

Well onto Drivers. I finally started building my drivers from scratch (well kinda) building on what others have done before me. So far just the basics, 17mm and 20mm. Plus of course flashing them too. I haven't been writing the code yet either but I am into customizing Freeware from a few other builders that were nice enough to let me have access to their codes so I could modify those codes to my liking.

I'm doing a side switch J20 with huge wires right now. The firmware I'm using is a ramping, very nice, medium slow ramp. Stops on high and low and has memory.

So far I have built about a hundred drivers. Just another thing. If you are building a lot of them you can get some of the parts a lot cheaper on aliexpress. For instance they have the Atiny13A's for just over 30 cents if you buy a bunch of them. Alibaba (not ali-express) has the FETS cheaper too.

Like I said I haven't written any code yet myself but I thought I would just ask if anyone else has any Freeware Code that they feel like posting.

One that I would really like is a nice four mode, moonlight to turbo, that starts on Turbo. Does anyone have a code like that around?

Offline jmpaul320

• Global Moderator
Re: Getting into building drivers Now.
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2015, 02:43:44 PM »
really looking forward to what you come up with :)

Online JohnnyMac

• Team Kronos
  • Administrator
  • TFF Co-Founder
    • Johnny Mac Reviews
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2015, 07:56:53 PM »
Same here!  One of these days I'm going to learn how to refresh them. I have all the hardware and software for it but have been putting it off for too long. Buying them from mtnelectronics is just too expensive if you need more than a few.  :D

Offline 18sixfifty

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2015, 11:27:59 PM »
Thanks guys. I put it off for way too long myself. It was not nearly as hard as I thought it would be once I got it all set up and ready to go. Warhawk helped talk me through some of it. But it was really a lot simpler than I thought. I'm using AVR studio 5.1 and once you get the steps down it's easy. The hardest part right now is that a bunch of people who I build lights for want very specific modes and hidden modes etc. So I'm starting with Dr. Jones' basic freeware and adding to it and a lot of times I end up with errors so that it just won't compile correctly and I have to start over. If I had to start from scratch though I would be completely lost.