Author Topic: cree xml2 mod  (Read 1060 times)

Offline skypilot

cree xml2 mod
« on: July 09, 2016, 06:51:51 PM »
  Hello there, I really don't know where to start. This high dollar flashlight world is really foreign to me. A lot of you guys spend money on led lights like us old timers spend money on our guns.
   I have been wanting an led thrower for a long time but not enough to spend the kind of money it takes. I bought a small ranch in east Texas and I have many more financial demands than a flashlight. I do need to be able to see 300 to 500 yds at night . That brings us to my problem/need. After looking and looking and scratching my head I bought the cree xml2 because of the feedback I read. People constantly called this light a thrower and said that it was very easy to modify. I hope this means boost its power and yardage.
   This brings me to the reason I am here. I need some of you sprouts that love to do this kind of stuff to help out this old timer. Oh and for you modifiers out there I got the light , four batteries , and charger for 33 and change. The light  was 24 and change if you want to take advantage of the sale. Oh yeah Gear Best.
    Any and all help would be appreciated. Adios

Offline JohnnyMac

• Team Kronos
  • Administrator
  • TFF Co-Founder
    • Johnny Mac Reviews
Re: cree xml2 mod
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2016, 12:51:25 AM »
Hi, skypilot! Welcome to the family!

Unfornately, the XM-L2 is just an LED like any other.  While a great LED, the light itself determines what makes a great thrower, not the LED inside. What would really allow us to help you better is to know exactly what light you purchased. More than anything the size of the reflector determines how well a light will throw. For $33 including cells and charger I don't have high hopes of it being a good thrower but if you can solder smallish connections we may be able to help you.

Give us a link to what you bought and I'd be happy to advise you further.  ;)