Author Topic: What was the last flashlight you used and what was it used for?  (Read 4051 times)

Offline JohnnyMac

• Team Kronos
  • Administrator
  • TFF Co-Founder
    • Johnny Mac Reviews
I think it's fun to see what lights you all are using and how you use them day to day  So, what was the last light you used and how was it used?

The last time I used a flashlight was last night going to bed at 3am. I used my Vollsion SP-11S in low to get ready for bed without waking the wifey.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2016, 10:45:45 PM by JohnnyMac »

Offline Hikesalot

Re: What was the last flashlight you used and what was it used for?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2016, 11:21:36 PM »
Used a Manker E11 to change the light bulb in the dryer. Handy little light.

Offline Henk4U2

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2016, 11:51:33 PM »
This afternoon I used an Olight S15R with reversed clip on a cap as a headlight for checking the electric wiring in the house.
I always think long and hard before I say something stupid.

Offline JohnnyMac

• Team Kronos
  • Administrator
  • TFF Co-Founder
    • Johnny Mac Reviews
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2016, 03:05:32 AM »
The Olight clips are a great and versatile design. Perfect for ball cap headlamps.

This evening I was at a party and used my Reylight Ti triple Nichia (part of my EDC rotation) as a yard sweeper to check out the back of the host's property.

Hikesalot, that drier pic is awesome!

« Last Edit: August 06, 2016, 03:24:01 AM by JohnnyMac »

Offline cdjaney

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2016, 04:52:20 AM »
Zebralight SC62w to flash back into the den to make sure the front door was locked.  Any excuse! Any...... Excuse!

Offline MtnDon

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2016, 04:57:46 AM »
Olight S15R... to light my way to the barn. I could have turned on the yard light but the S15R was clipped to my pocket as always. :)

Offline JohnnyMac

• Team Kronos
  • Administrator
  • TFF Co-Founder
    • Johnny Mac Reviews
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2016, 08:22:55 AM »
Heh...I hear you guys.  Taking out the trash...any excuse.  I prefer to check the doors in the house every night via torch light instead of turning on the lights.  Then I make my way up to the bedroom and get ready to bed via torch light as well.  I always seem to come to bed far later than the wifey and a nice moon mode makes sure I can do it without disturbing her.

Offline Mstevens113

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2016, 10:47:54 PM »
Mag solitaire led this afternoon looking inside a printer looking for a paper jam. Just the right level of light for that sort of job.

Offline hank

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2016, 07:22:34 PM »
My UF-1504 (PC amber emitter from Mtn) at about 3am to figure out where the cat was barfing.
Didn't get up, just noted where not to step if I did need to get up any time before dawn ... back to sleep.
(The "back to sleep" part is why I have the amber light)

Offline Mstevens113

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2016, 03:46:07 PM »
Not wanting to be repetitive but I used my solitaire again, this time finding a paper jam in a scanner  :-[

Damn printers and scanners are evil

Offline JohnnyMac

• Team Kronos
  • Administrator
  • TFF Co-Founder
    • Johnny Mac Reviews
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2016, 04:00:29 PM »
Not wanting to be repetitive but I used my solitaire again, this time finding a paper jam in a scanner  :-[

Damn printers and scanners are evil
Heheh...yeah, I don't miss fixing those things.  I'd be writing every day that I used my Thrunite Ti HI to lock up the house and head up to bed.  Last evening I performed some testing in the basement for a couple of upcoming reviews.  Tested output levels of an Olight R50 and it's competitor, an Acebeam EC50 II.  Two visually similar lights with opposite personalities and performance.  Neither will make their claimed max output.  I will have to retest throw on the EC50 as it is FAR less than claimed  while the R50 is just a touch higher than claimed.  Judging by direct comparison of the two on a wall, I think I will get the same results.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2016, 04:03:40 PM by JohnnyMac »

Offline Neilp

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2016, 02:29:54 AM »
ar about 2 in the morning, I just used a UniqueFire 1508 75 mm head AS lens lamp, with an IR emitter to illuminate a dark corner of a paddock below my house so I could use a McLellan Night vision device to see if there was soneone or something in the field with the horses.

The IR emitter is great, because it does not scare the horses and I can spot and light up an intruder without them knowing

Offline JohnnyMac

• Team Kronos
  • Administrator
  • TFF Co-Founder
    • Johnny Mac Reviews
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2016, 08:11:24 PM »
ar about 2 in the morning, I just used a UniqueFire 1508 75 mm head AS lens lamp, with an IR emitter to illuminate a dark corner of a paddock below my house so I could use a McLellan Night vision device to see if there was soneone or something in the field with the horses.

The IR emitter is great, because it does not scare the horses and I can spot and light up an intruder without them knowing
THat sounds like a pretty sweet setup!  I need to get myself some night vision goggles and a bright IR light.

Offline Neilp

« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2016, 01:53:17 PM »
The Image intensifier I have is ..umm ..odd...try putting g this in to google: 

McLennan Marine Ltd Type IM101 wich is what I have

Only reference to this manufacturer is a obscure report in to the arms industry from 1995 !

Offline nd4w

« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2016, 07:07:52 PM »
I use my strongest to light up the area when I take my buddy , Mick(our dog), out for his before bed relief trip. many wild critters here in the Western NC mts.