Author Topic: What was the last flashlight you used and what was it used for?  (Read 5367 times)

Offline Neilp

Re: What was the last flashlight you used and what was it used for?
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2016, 09:02:30 AM »
Not wanting to be repetitive but I used my solitaire again, this time finding a paper jam in a scanner  :-[

Damn printers and scanners are evil

http://cheezburger.com/7890616576

Offline Neilp

« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2016, 09:04:45 AM »
The Image intensifier I have is ..umm ..odd...try putting g this in to google: 

McLennan Marine Ltd Type IM101 wich is what I have

Only reference to this manufacturer is a obscure report in to the arms industry from 1995 !

I have just found another reference to my image intensifier ...back in 1995 it sold to , apparently Ģ8000, ..so what 10-12,000 USD !  and I was given it!

Offline lichan

« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2016, 12:37:56 PM »
Lumintop Tool to see to tie my shoes and make it around the back to my car heading for work this morning. Before that I used my JetBeam WL-S1 with a 16500 battery to take the three pooches out at 4:00 AM.

Offline Streamer

« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2016, 07:00:21 PM »
I used my new Nitecore TIP :-\...just to see if it's still charged  ::)
Behind the Lamp

Offline JohnnyMac

• Team Kronos
  • Administrator
  • TFF Co-Founder
    • Johnny Mac Reviews
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2016, 10:59:23 PM »
The Image intensifier I have is ..umm ..odd...try putting g this in to google: 

McLennan Marine Ltd Type IM101 wich is what I have

Only reference to this manufacturer is a obscure report in to the arms industry from 1995 !

I have just found another reference to my image intensifier ...back in 1995 it sold to , apparently Ģ8000, ..so what 10-12,000 USD !  and I was given it!

Wow!  That's some serious coin for a light.  I tried searching for "McLennan Marine Ltd Type IM101" and got zero returns on Google.  Post some pics of this intensifier so we can all check it out  :D

Offline Neilp

« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2016, 09:23:21 AM »
OK, some quick iPhone pics..it is not a lamp..I used my UF-1508 IR lamp with it to provide an invisible beam to allow lighting of the area viewed by the Image intensifier...
Only links I found that mention it :
https://www.privacyinternational.org/sites/default/files/Big_Brother.pdf
http://ukvarminting.com/forums/topic/21781-mclennan-marine-nv/

« Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 09:26:38 AM by Neilp »

Offline YJT

• Kontrolli
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2016, 12:46:51 PM »
Iīm a police officer, and I have a Fenix MC11 attached to the lapel of my uniform. Itīs very handy, as it frees my hands from holding the flashlight, and I donīt even have to get it from the holster. Itīs probably the light I use the most in all sorts of "administrative" roles (like writing notes), and itīs also probably the light I used last.
Seppo Vesala

Offline JohnnyMac

• Team Kronos
  • Administrator
  • TFF Co-Founder
    • Johnny Mac Reviews
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2016, 02:57:37 PM »
Iīm a police officer, and I have a Fenix MC11 attached to the lapel of my uniform. Itīs very handy, as it frees my hands from holding the flashlight, and I donīt even have to get it from the holster. Itīs probably the light I use the most in all sorts of "administrative" roles (like writing notes), and itīs also probably the light I used last.
Great place to clip a little light.  I don't wear lapels so I have a neck lanyard that I hang a AAA light from (usually my Thrunite Ti HI).  Hangs down for hands free use to light up the area just in front of me.  Easy to hold in my mouth when I need to aim it while working on stuff and I just release it when done and it falls back to my chest.  This, and your lapel location, are IMO the best places to carry an EDC light.  Of course I always try to have a bigger light clipped to my front pants pocket for those times when more is more.  ;)
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 02:58:25 PM by JohnnyMac »

Offline southcove

« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2016, 03:02:19 AM »
I was out in back last night trying to figure out what was making the normally quiet squirrels in our big ass tree, be all agitated and noisy...very unusual.

First shined a BTU PK26 out back to the marsh area but it was too narrow, so I grabbed for the SF2200 w a bit of opaque lens...it lit it up very nicely and showed the visitor.

Male mink, working it's way from our woodpile to the area around the bird feeders, back to the woodpile and finally a quick scamper down to the tidal marsh area...man, was that cool, a first time sighting at night!  He did not seem concerned w the lit up yard at all...

(he had been a frequent summer visitor, seeming to enjoy PO'ng the local population of squirrels and just maybe a treeful of racous raccoons...good deal.)

Offline presterjohn

« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2016, 12:04:19 AM »
An Olight S10R to see behind my printer when I was looking for a cable port.

Offline Spasmod

• Administrator
  • TFF Co-Founder
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2016, 05:52:57 PM »
TN12 my good friend Johnny gifted me :) was waiting for the wife to come home the other night and could hear something in the woods.. no clue what it was though despite having a flashlight :P

Offline luka85

« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2016, 09:32:26 AM »
Went to a football game yesterday, with the nitecore MH27, I put the blue strobe on in the car for a section of the road, some cars actually did slow down. Didn't get to the game any faster though :)

Offline JohnnyMac

• Team Kronos
  • Administrator
  • TFF Co-Founder
    • Johnny Mac Reviews
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2016, 02:33:03 PM »
LOL!  Just be carefull with that blue strobe.  I've always wanted to try that but the fine is pretty hefty if caught.  My luck I'd do it to an off-duty or unmarked officer.  :D

Offline luka85

« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2016, 03:48:44 PM »
haha

Offline TKC

• “There is no need for temples, no need for complic
« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2017, 06:38:44 PM »
I last used my Lumintop To. Tool as a candle, in the bathroom.
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."