Author Topic: Licking my wound, Nitecore purchase goes south fast...  (Read 578 times)

Offline Brightidea

Licking my wound, Nitecore purchase goes south fast...
« on: December 17, 2016, 02:16:21 PM »
Hi all, newby here go easy on me ;) I should have consulted this forum before throwing $400.00 in my first light to Nitecore. I pre-ordered the new TM28 6000 LM from Nitecore directly on the 5th of December needing it for Christmas thinking 3 weeks will be enough time since they said they will be in by the 15th, they said they will be shipping the 15th which was paramount to me cause of Christmas, in fact on my order notes I mentioned I need this by Christmas. I never heard a thing from them and on the 15th as I had to leave VM and email to finally receive an answer that they arrived on the 15th and should ship by end of the day.

Never happened! It went to 4:30 Friday the 16th only after more emails and voicemails I never got a shipping confirmation or tracking number just to receive a call that the lights came in, but, without the included proprietary batteries and they are not shipping without the batteries and did not give me a date the batteries will be in! How can a big flashlight manufacture not have batteries? I believe they are proprietary as they are 4 x IMR or Li-ion 18650 Batteries (4x 3500mAH IMR18650 if not why can't they pull some off a shelf or another dealer to make good on their promise?

Is this typical customer service before you receive an item from them? I've read nothing that said to stay away or really anything negative or is this the nature of this biz?

I wanted a powerful blinding light in a palm size, I wanted the cool factor, ie, liked the OLED display, but now questioning my choice with the 3 strikes I received from them before I even get it, especially at that amount of $$.

I appreciate all your comments good or bad, if I screwed up I can handle it, I've done worse. Thanks guys/gals.

Offline NorthernHarrier

• This Space For Rent
Re: Licking my wound, Nitecore purchase goes south fast...
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2016, 04:12:17 PM »
You didn't do anything unusual for a first-time preorder purchaser. Don't be too hard on yourself. After you have watched several preorder situations for different flashlights over time, you will see that preordered lights are rarely shipped on the first announced shipping date. In fact, the expected shipping date is often changed more than once.

While we are all often disappointed and at least somewhat frustrated by the delays, experience also teaches that it is better to delay the shipping of a new model than to have a faulty design or units with serious flaws or missing accessories delivered to customers who have paid substantial amounts for the products.  Good luck with the purchase!  I hope you find the wait worthwhile when you receive the light.
I went to the store to buy batteries - but they weren't included, so I had to buy them again.  -- Steven Wright

Offline Brightidea

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2016, 05:35:06 PM »
I had to Thank You! Not only for your gracious reply but your signature (I went to the store to buy batteries - but they weren't included, so I had to buy them again.  -- Steven Wright) cracked me up and is beyond appropriate for my little letdown. It picked me up! Thanks again! Merry Christmas!

Offline JohnnyMac

• Team Kronos
  • Administrator
  • TFF Co-Founder
    • Johnny Mac Reviews
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2016, 03:24:09 PM »
Hey, Brightidea!  Sorry to hear about your purchase.  $400 on your first good light and to have this experience sucks. I never bought from Nitecore before and probably never will.  I've bought direct form Thrunite in the past and the orders always ship the next day and arrive quickly exactly as ordered.  The advantage ThruNite has is they ship from Amazon for most lights in the US.  I only by form reputable dealers or from Amazon with Amazon having the decided edge.  Not only do I get 2 Day shipping but they have a no hassle return policy if anything goes wrong. 

Once you get everything straightened out with the TM28 I hope you have good luck with the light.  Let us know how you like it.  ;)