Author Topic: What did you get today ?  (Read 88065 times)

Offline jacktheclipper

• Lounge Lizards
    • Dillard Street Barbershop
What did you get today ?
« on: August 09, 2013, 02:56:01 PM »
 I got three more Enlan EL01s today . Can't say I'm fond of the new pivot screws , but a drill chuck will be useful for adjusting them .

To me , the Enlan EL01 is the epitome of quality budget knives .  Well designed , well machined , and a sturdy blade that's easily sharpened .

8)

Offline MRsDNF

• Global Moderator
Re: What did you get today ?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2013, 07:09:10 AM »
I got these from a member on BLF who took pity on my absurdly inadequate soldering skills. They come complete with two extra chips and heavy wires.
When the big picture is to big, look for a point you can start at and build from there.

Offline Spasmod

• Administrator
  • TFF Co-Founder
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2013, 12:15:30 PM »
I got these from a member on BLF who took pity on my absurdly inadequate soldering skills. They come complete with two extra chips and heavy wires.

Whoa very nice Steve! I hear that Down-Under you solder with a hot Poker in the Barby!! :D

Offline MRsDNF

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2013, 12:24:03 PM »
LOL. Yeah I can actually cook a mean barby.
When the big picture is to big, look for a point you can start at and build from there.

Offline JohnnyMac

• Team Kronos
  • Administrator
  • TFF Co-Founder
    • Johnny Mac Reviews
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2013, 02:40:58 PM »

Whoa very nice Steve! I hear that Down-Under you solder with a hot Poker in the Barby!! :D
ROFL!  Nice one. ;D

Offline JohnnyMac

• Team Kronos
  • Administrator
  • TFF Co-Founder
    • Johnny Mac Reviews
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2013, 08:52:43 PM »
My two DRY drivers arrived from CNQG today.  My ML-102 supposedly was delivered yesterday along with a couple phone cases for a friend but no one at home say's it was in the mail. :(

Offline JohnnyMac

• Team Kronos
  • Administrator
  • TFF Co-Founder
    • Johnny Mac Reviews
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2013, 04:31:12 PM »
My ML-102 did arrive as hoped.  It's a grewat little charger and even works perfectly as a flashlight with my Xtar UL1 attached to it.  The only problem with it is there are no springs for the battery connections and only unprotected 18650 cells fit in it.  THere is no way to charge a protected cell due to strict cell length limitations.

On Saturday my Trustfire TR-J19 arrived.  What a monster!  This thing is as heavy as my TR-S700 and built just as nice.  The driver sucks but it's still very bright but it's getting replaced so it doesn't matter.  The beam is amazing for a triple XM-L2.  The hotspot is only about 5 inches across from 6 feet away.  Extremely focused and bright in the center.  Once I have the DRY driver installed along with dedomed XM-L2 on Noctigons and upgraded wiring it will be a monster in output as well as size.

Today some batteries from FT are arriving at home. 4 Panasonic 18650PD cells and 4 KK ICR26650 cells.  w00t!

Offline gords1001

• Lounge Lizards
    • budget light forum
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2013, 06:27:29 PM »

Offline MRsDNF

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2013, 07:31:05 PM »
Spill the beans gords whats there? There does not happen to be a couple of 32650 batteries by any chance? If so would it be possible to get a n accurate measurement of the OD and length. I dont expect to get mine in the next six months. Cheers.

Offline gords1001

• Lounge Lizards
    • budget light forum
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2013, 07:42:48 PM »
there are infact four 32650 cells, a trustfire tr008 charger,  four trustfire flame 26650's,  four Panasonic pd's,  two ncr18650 cells, two convoy s4 hosts, five tir optics, ten nanjg to 20mm boards,  lots of thermal pads, springs, twp ecig set ups, oils.

I'll havr to come back on measurements,  they fit fine in the tr008, I'm happy with that too, looks like it is 1.3a/channel,  I can live with that.

its almost dark now so I'm looking forward to trying out my trj19,  its just far too sketchy on 18650 cells.

Offline MRsDNF

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2013, 11:56:21 AM »
My 32650 batteries got sent back to Fasttech. I've asked them if there is any other way to ship them. I started a new monster build yesterday that will be using these batteries. Bugger.

Offline gords1001

• Lounge Lizards
    • budget light forum
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2013, 01:23:13 PM »
they are a snug fit in my trj19,  I'm going to run a boring bar down the battery tube and skim a mil or so pff so they drop in.

I'll try and get measurements tonight, I'm off out swimming with the little 'uns, try out their new haircuts.

Offline MRsDNF

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2013, 09:15:05 PM »
Now theres a couple of shady looking characters.  ;) I cant really see to much hair been cut of. Was there any tears?

Offline gords1001

• Lounge Lizards
    • budget light forum
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2013, 11:57:26 PM »
nonr at all. lukes so well behaved, he lost a pile of hair but toni wont let janes' hair be cut so he lost about half an inch.

I'll get the vernier out tomorrow and get some measurements.  swimming was cool, lukes swimming bettee than some four year olds, which bothers the life gaurds, they get really tetchy when he just chucks himself in, particularly since they panic, then he's back up and off swimming on his own lol

Offline Streamer

« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2013, 07:02:26 AM »
Got in on the PENNY TMART  AA Police Light....luv the penny pincher deals..heheheh
Behind the Lamp