Author Topic: What did you get today ?  (Read 142491 times)

Offline JohnnyMac

• Team Kronos
  • Administrator
  • TFF Co-Founder
    • Johnny Mac Reviews
Re: What did you get today ?
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2013, 02:52:28 PM »
That really was an awesome post, Graham!

Offline gords1001

• Lounge Lizards
    • budget light forum
« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2013, 10:55:02 PM »
will you guys pack it in, it was an off tge cuff remark....your making me blush goddammit

Offline MRsDNF

« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2013, 08:53:10 AM »
Awe shucks gords. Under your tough exterior I'm betting your the worlds greatest softest dad.
When the big picture is to big, look for a point you can start at and build from there.

Offline JohnnyMac

• Team Kronos
  • Administrator
  • TFF Co-Founder
    • Johnny Mac Reviews
« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2013, 08:54:06 PM »
Just got done buying a car. Now I can come in the rain and snow while staying warm, dry, and safely vertical. Whoop whoop!!

Offline Spasmod

• Administrator
  • TFF Co-Founder
« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2013, 09:10:53 PM »
Just got done buying a car. Now I can come in the rain and snow while staying warm, dry, and safely vertical. Whoop whoop!!

w00t! nice one! I'm glad that you got that one sorted

Offline gords1001

• Lounge Lizards
    • budget light forum
« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2013, 09:53:04 PM »
yeah, rain and snow are not conducive to vertical motorcycling good news that.

MrsDNF,  I'm not agreeing with you but......both my boys come to me for cuddles alarmingly regularly.  its starting to bug toni tbh, lukes real clingy with his dad at the moment.

Offline MRsDNF

« Reply #36 on: October 26, 2013, 10:00:17 PM »
So what sort of pickup did you end up with JM?
When the big picture is to big, look for a point you can start at and build from there.

Offline JohnnyMac

• Team Kronos
  • Administrator
  • TFF Co-Founder
    • Johnny Mac Reviews
« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2013, 02:08:34 PM »
So what sort of pickup did you end up with JM?
LOL!  While it does seem to be a mandatory requirement for owning an H-D, I didn't get a pickup truck. :D  I only got a small '09 Kia because it was in great shape, the price was right, and the gas mileage suits my needs for my commute to and from work each day.  Perhaps I will need to get a hitch and a small trailer for it so I can tow the Harley when it breaks down. :P
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 02:11:03 PM by JohnnyMac »

Offline JohnnyMac

• Team Kronos
  • Administrator
  • TFF Co-Founder
    • Johnny Mac Reviews
« Reply #38 on: October 28, 2013, 02:12:29 PM »
yeah, rain and snow are not conducive to vertical motorcycling good news that.

MrsDNF,  I'm not agreeing with you but......both my boys come to me for cuddles alarmingly regularly.  its starting to bug toni tbh, lukes real clingy with his dad at the moment.
Enjoy that stage while you can.  There will come a time when he won't want to cuddle any longer and you will miss it terribly.

Offline gords1001

• Lounge Lizards
    • budget light forum
« Reply #39 on: October 28, 2013, 10:03:56 PM »
y'know, that's one of the things that's really upsetting me about whats going on with our expected little one.

I'm likely to not have a cuddly little baby to enjoy this time, the prognosis is getting really bad now and its finally sinking in for toni.

the baby is now exhibiting clover leaf skull syndrome, along with all the other issues, like the chest barely being big enough for the heart, let alone the lungs and all the bits that are currently not in there.

We had a tour of the special treatment ward last Thursday,  they were polite enough not to say its likely we wouldn't be there for long, and not in a good way either, but that was the underlying tone of things. The doctor also point blank said "we can still stop the heart if you change your minds" he's pretty adamant that would be for the best, I don't think he realises it would be the worst thing for us with regards to actually dealing with the inevitable tradgedy we are going to experience.

Offline 18sixfifty

• Global Moderator
« Reply #40 on: October 29, 2013, 04:25:26 AM »
I got a 6xSRK that I ordered from e-bay today. Meh.. I wish I had know that Fast Tech was going to have one with XM-L2's. I got mine for $34 so the price was right and they shipped it very fast. Those e-packages show up fast. It's wired parallel and the driver isn't too bad. It's not a triple teroid driver. It's one teroid and a  large capacitor. Different than I have seen before. I'm waiting on XP-G2's that are going to go into it. I'll also be adding some heat sinking.

All in all it's an ok light the hot spot is huge but not overly floody really and there is a pretty bad ring in the middle of the beam profile. If not for the ring I would have really liked it, but that is the one thing that puts me off of lights more than anything. I'm almost tempted to put an MT-G2 in it instead. I have a reflector that fits it so if the XP-G2's don't give me a better beam profile then that is what I'll do.

Offline _the_

• Flashaholic
  • Lounge Lizards
« Reply #41 on: October 29, 2013, 09:55:44 PM »
I got 12 flashlights today. Is this bad?  :o

3 x WB $1.99 black zoomie
3 x WB $1.99 gold zoomie
3 x WB $8.80 UF-T50 clone
3 x ET D25AM Ti

Offline MRsDNF

« Reply #42 on: October 29, 2013, 11:13:19 PM »
Yes. No.

Offline _the_

• Flashaholic
  • Lounge Lizards
« Reply #43 on: October 30, 2013, 08:11:39 PM »
Ok. I feel better today.. Only one light: SWM C21C

Offline Spasmod

• Administrator
  • TFF Co-Founder
« Reply #44 on: October 30, 2013, 08:50:37 PM »
Where did you get the $1.99 zoomies ? :) I can't find them.