Author Topic: Hello from Florida  (Read 1040 times)

Offline naturegirl

Hello from Florida
« on: September 07, 2019, 04:35:08 PM »
Hello! I am a camping enthusiast, who also wants to learn more about flashlights for several reasons, 1, we lose power a lot! Figuring out best kinds of lights that dont use a ton of batteries would be great. 2, I love to camp and am always looking for cool lights to use, 3, also interested in the self defense aspect of a good EDC.

Offline SG-1

Re: Hello from Florida
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2019, 05:47:38 AM »
Hello Nature Girl & welcome to the form.

Self Defence with a flashlight is a no brainer.  Get some pepper spray from Cold Steel they even sell inert units to practice with. Plenty of YouTube vids.  The trouble with the light is that if a predator is intent on doing harm a light beam is not going to deter them.  Pepper Spray depending on the size can reach out to stop them before they touch you.  You like camping, get bear guard pepper spray & remember that wasp & hornet stopper can be used in a pinch. It can cause injuries that will never go away.

I prefer lights that uses 18650 batteries.  They tend to be light weight with long run times on medium & low.   No batteries are going to last with the light at full power.  Flashlights with interchangeable batteries are best. You can carry spare batteries & change them out as needed.