Author Topic: Help me choose a light.  (Read 287 times)

Offline Loki.777

Help me choose a light.
« on: October 22, 2019, 07:24:56 PM »
I'm willing to spend around 50. I'm from the UK so obviously it needs to be available to me.  I will consider buying from China gearbest e.t.c. but I would rather buy from a uk store .

The light will be for walking my dog this winter (it gets dark extremely early here).   I will be walking in the woods at night also a country park  (No light source, fields and paths).

My dog will be off lead in these places with a reflective bandanna and an led light around it's neck.   She stays fairly close to me. 

I want the ability to flood the area I'm walking with light well and also the ability to light up the distance.  Scanning the distance to ensure their is no local wildlife hanging about that my dog may potentially chase and get lost before I let her off lead.

The area I walk in is perfectly safe,  BUT I would still like capable defensive functions.   Mostly a strong strobe light,  somthing capable of detering an aggressive dog attacking me or my pootch if Im ever unfortunate enough to come across one.   Possibly deter people too??

I'm quite into vaping so have many 18650 battries (unprotected).  So I would like the flashlight to use these cells.

Any recommendations thank you ?