Author Topic: Got some new drivers and beefed up switches  (Read 355 times)

Offline Onthebrightside

Got some new drivers and beefed up switches
« on: March 15, 2020, 05:20:16 PM »
I just got a couple convoy s2* sst-40 flashlights and ordered one driver from China that had some quality control issues. The bypass wire was cut in the middle and it had very moderate amount of solder. Then I order one from mountain electronics and it was incredibly well built. I got it with the a6 firmware and 7135 for the low and a MOSFET for the turbo. I also bought a beefed up switch with a bypass for the extra current. I hope I'm not breaking any rules mentioning brand names and I read the rules and think I'm OK. But yeah, I thought it would be helpful for anyone hereooming for a place to get high quality components for their lights and this place can't be beat. They're in the US so shipping is fast, their costumer service has been great so I thought it might be of interest to people here. Also it might save you from wasting money on bad parts like my experience with the driver from China. Hope this helps anyone and hope I didn't break any forum rules. Have a great week and happy shinning.
Flashoholic certification #538643

Offline robo819

• Global Moderator
Re: Got some new drivers and beefed up switches
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2020, 04:30:31 AM »
Richard (mountain electronics) is well known in this forum and the BLF forum , as he has been around for a long time now. He has always been a stand up kind of guy and I think probably 99% of his customers have been fully satisfied. There is always that 1 who would complain even if he got everything he ordered made out of gold though....lol

Richard not only sells all the stuff for modding , but builds his drivers in his shop and has came up with some nice stuff you won't find any where else.

Welcome to the forum and if i can help with anything in the future do let me know. ( I am one of the moderators here)

David
« Last Edit: March 20, 2020, 04:32:44 AM by robo819 »

Offline Onthebrightside

Re: Got some new drivers and beefed up switches
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2020, 05:00:18 AM »
Thank you so much for the reply. Sorry I took so long to get back. I just started my family and have a pregnant wife, toddler and a newborn so things have been crazy without even including this Corona virus madness.
Flashoholic certification #538643