Author Topic: Old modded Maglite repair  (Read 686 times)

Offline Mr. Bman

Old modded Maglite repair
« on: May 01, 2020, 07:20:40 AM »
Hello,
I have been a long time silent visitor and finally joined!  I am really hoping someome can help me out.

I have an older modded Maglite that is 13 years old but was amazing back in the day.  I bought it off one of the forums. It was a D-cell light but now uses 8 AA lithium ion batteries and uses a very bright incandescent bulb.  One of the AA lithium cells went bad so I am hoping that someone might be able to tell me if it can be converted to led.  I am not sure if the switch is modified. I am hoping  to get a switch that has 3 output levels. I need a heavier light like this so the smaller lights don't work for me.  I have attached pictures. I hope someone can help with recommended parts or someone who can work on these.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2020, 07:29:41 AM by Mr. Bman »

Offline annyli

Re: Old modded Maglite repair
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2020, 07:37:52 AM »
Circuits requiring led 8)

Offline JohnnyMac

• Team Kronos
  • Administrator
  • TFF Co-Founder
    • Johnny Mac Reviews
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2020, 10:37:44 PM »
That is a pretty impressive build there but Im at a loss as to what you can do with it without scrapping the whole design. Bulb holder and all looks built in to the battery holder and Im clue,DSS how you could modify it with an led driver and modern led. 5ats a head scratcher right there. If I were you Id leave that one of a kind as is and get a new mag to mod or explore the option of getting a new, modern light that already has what you want.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2020, 10:38:35 PM by JohnnyMac »

Offline Mr. Bman

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2020, 11:30:32 PM »
Thank you for replying. I don't think the time or money would be well spent. I will hopefully be able to figure out which bulb I need and just use it as an incandescent light.  It is still wicked bright.