Author Topic: Visiting a maker  (Read 2202 times)

Offline Suncoaster

Visiting a maker
« on: December 19, 2013, 01:39:04 PM »
My partner and I recently had the pleasure of visiting MrsDNF and his family.
I enjoyed a first hand look at his lathe, laboratory and workshop, and some amazing flashlight builds.
Here are some pics:

Bicycle light:

more eye candy:

Thanks Steve !

Offline Spasmod

• Administrator
  • TFF Co-Founder
Re: Visiting a maker
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2013, 10:51:18 AM »
What an incredible privilege to be able to meet the famous MRsDNF face to face and actually see those unique lights first hand. I can honestly say without a shadow of a doubt - I would MOST definitely outstay my welcome if that were me :D

Johnny and I were chatting only the other day about what incredible skill and vision Steve has to be able to make lights out of surprising things.

Merry Christmas guys down under from us all up north :)

Offline MRsDNF

Re: Visiting a maker
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2013, 02:01:54 AM »
Thanks for the compliment spas but I'm not sure about Suncoaster being privileged. I certainly am with Suncoaster and his very knowledgeable other half dropping in.
I've looked at this post half a dozen times not knowing on how to answer it. This is the second time that this couple has dropped in and visited the family. I'm sure most of you have read about their initial visit. They live about 2000 Km, 1200 miles away so they dont just live around the corner.
I haven't really thanked you both for dropping in again. Another fantastic evening was had by myself and wife. As the evening drew on the talking got more in depth it blew me away to find out that Suncoaster amongst a lot of other things we did together without knowing it holidayed at the same time as my wife and I in the same caravan park approx 33 years ago. Talk about a small world. You do have to wonder if some things were really meant to happen.

The picture's. I must of disappeared for a minute and when I came back Suncoaster was amusing himself taking pictures which I thought fair enough only to find them here. Thanks mate. I did say you were in trouble.
So thanks again guys and we will have to get up to your neck of the woods next year. You are both true champions. Happy xmas and all the best for the new year. Cheers.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2013, 02:04:15 AM by MRsDNF »
When the big picture is to big, look for a point you can start at and build from there.