Author Topic: J-19 with XP-G2's now over 400kcd  (Read 2660 times)

Offline 18sixfifty

• Global Moderator
J-19 with XP-G2's now over 400kcd
« on: December 31, 2013, 07:50:38 AM »
Well I went and put the Lightmalls driver in the J-19's the XM-L2 version is now at 4,500 lumens. This is basically the same driver as the Lck/IO driver that Tom E uses in his shockers. I modded the resistors so that that they put out closer to a true DD on high.

The XP-G2 is putting out 2,800 lumens and is over 400kcd and that is inside. NOT outside at a longer distance where I know I would have even higher numbers.

I'm working on a few more projects right now. Tonight it's my warrior. I have it pulled apart, It's getting de-domed XML-U3's on noctigons and a sense resistance mod as well.

I also got in the new copper stars from LCK and as far as I can tell they are direct copper. I didn't scratch the centers and I am waiting for epoxy to dry to tell you if they can handle the heat or not.

Offline MRsDNF

Re: J-19 with XP-G2's now over 400kcd
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2014, 06:33:02 AM »
Do you have a verdict on the stars yet?
When the big picture is to big, look for a point you can start at and build from there.

Offline 18sixfifty

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2014, 10:42:20 AM »
Not direct copper. there is a layer in the middle. I didn't think to do it until someone asked on BLF but I checked it with my DMM and it's not direct like the sinkpads are.

Although I have to say that they worked great anyway. The ZY-T08 that I modded is pushing 1,250 lumens and it's not sagging bad at all.

I wish someone who has the equipment would test these next to sinkpads and the other stars with the layer on them. So far I haven't seen anyone actually do the testing and people are just guessing that the layer has a lot of insulation. I'm sure it can't help but I wonder how much it really hurts.

Offline JohnnyMac

• Team Kronos
  • Administrator
  • TFF Co-Founder
    • Johnny Mac Reviews
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2014, 03:36:54 PM »
Damn, man!  That's some nice stuff!  4500 OTF from three XM-L2 wasn't enough so you had to up it some more?  Are those emitter dedomed?  Those are insane numbers!

I still have one of the last of the good drivers from IO before he stopped selling them.  I haven't gotten around to installing it in my J19 yet.  You have a link to the Lightmalls driver?

400kcd from XP-G2 is incredible also!  How hard are those driven?
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 03:39:04 PM by JohnnyMac »