Author Topic: SRK mod  (Read 4542 times)

Offline 18sixfifty

• Global Moderator
SRK mod
« on: January 27, 2014, 08:47:24 PM »
I got in a 6x XM-L2 SRK the other day from wallbuys. Pretty poor performance stock. A little under 2,000 lumens. comfy had the same light so I'll link to his for pics.

http://budgetlightforum.com/node/28140

I bypassed the r2 and d5 resistors and replaced the FET with a DTU FET. I then added heavier wires 3 positive wires and three negative wires each split evenly to keep the current flow even. I de-domed the emitters, shaved the centering rings so they didn't stick up so high and mounted the emitters on sinkpads after filing them down some to fit. At startup it's 4,500 lumens at 30 seconds it's down to 4,200 and stays around that. 70kcd and a nice neutral tint. 1,500 lumens on low. Of course it gets hot fast on high so it's really more of a turbo mode with a high. As cold as it is right now I could run the turbo non-stop and have a nice handwarmer if I felt like it. No rings to speak of and great flood.

I'm not running this with anything special for batteries just the sanyo 2200's. I know if I ran it with samsung 20r's it would be even more, but I don't care to push my luck with it.

Still waiting on consumers power to get a chance to take the wire down. They are backed up because of the blizzard and icy conditions. So I'm showering and doing laundry at my parents for now. Bottled water for cooking, melted snow for flushing the John. 

Offline MRsDNF

Re: SRK mod
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2014, 11:21:27 PM »
I've been waiting down the road about 12 miles away on the corner with the 3 dead trees on it waiting for a ride in the last 3 days but there hasn't been a vehicle through. The snows too deep to keep walking. What do I do? My nuts are turning blue and there the salted ones. I don't know what will happen with the unsalted ones. They may just drop of. Gees its cold. There lights coming. It may be Spas by the sound of it. I've heard him talk on this forum many times and would know his voice in a crowd of thousands.
Seriously I hope things pan out soon. Nice mod again. Do you have any sort of heating in your place of choice for modding?
When the big picture is to big, look for a point you can start at and build from there.

Offline 18sixfifty

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2014, 12:09:17 AM »
I have a 100watt light bulb in the dog house, it keeps it pretty warm especially when the dog is inside too. A couple extra bodies and it will be downright tropical. My advice is it rent some snowshoes from the old lady that lives in that big hollow oak tree. She should set you right up.

Offline Spasmod

• Administrator
  • TFF Co-Founder
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2014, 02:46:45 PM »
okay met up with Steve on the corner.. can't drive any further either.. we both have snowshoes.. now what ? I can't wait to get in that tropical doghouse!