Author Topic: What is your primary EDC light lately?  (Read 19009 times)

Online JohnnyMac

• Team Kronos
  • Administrator
  • TFF Co-Founder
    • Johnny Mac Reviews
What is your primary EDC light lately?
« on: May 21, 2014, 11:18:36 PM »
Most of us can be found with multiple flashlights on our person at any given time. What is your current primary/favorite EDC light and why?

Mine was my Olight S20 until I had the misfortune of losing it.  Now it's my Thrunite T10S. It's bright, has 3 perfect modes, no flashies, is reliable, and beautifully made from stainless steel.

Offline jmpaul320

• Global Moderator
Re: What is your primary EDC light lately?
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2014, 11:24:58 PM »
I'm carrying a spark sf5nw now. Because its on of my newer lights and fits in my edc messenger bag :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Offline 18sixfifty

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2014, 02:00:25 AM »
I'm carrying my little police light that I put a nichia 219, East driver and orange peel reflector in. I also made it long enough to take a 14650.  It weighs next to nothing and has a nearly perfect beam. Everything in it was scavenged and I even got the batteries for free.

Offline Spasmod

• Administrator
  • TFF Co-Founder
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2014, 06:56:41 AM »
A little police light here as well. It used to be a 2x CR123 filament bulb (brightest torch in the world at the time) yeah right :P anyhow with a bit of work I converted it to a XP-G on copper 18650 zoomy.

It's by far my favourite light, it does what it say on the tin and it's built like a tank (nothing like the paper thin lights out there these days)

Offline netprince

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2014, 03:48:48 PM »
I'm carrying the eagletac d25c ti neutral.  I carried a peak logan with qtc for over a year, but the flickering/unreliable qtc always bugged me.  The d25c is very close in size, uses a driver to regulate output and has a clicky. 

Offline allan d

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2014, 03:50:56 AM »
I'm carrying a Convoy S2 at the moment. XML2 5B1, AK-47 driver with two added 7135s and flashed with off-time Star firmware. And a pocket clip added.

Offline jmpaul320

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2014, 11:39:50 AM »
I love the 5b1 tint

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Offline MRsDNF

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2014, 12:02:03 PM »
This is my  EDC that I use at work inspecting vehicles. It runs on a puny 800 mA on high and 99% of its running is on medium which I cant remember the output of but its probably around 300 mA which is ample light for what I do.
http://theflashlightforum.com/index.php/topic,340.0.html

When the big picture is to big, look for a point you can start at and build from there.

Offline Spasmod

• Administrator
  • TFF Co-Founder
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2014, 03:10:29 PM »
This is my  EDC that I use at work inspecting vehicles. It runs on a puny 800 mA on high and 99% of its running is on medium which I cant remember the output of but its probably around 300 mA which is ample light for what I do.
http://theflashlightforum.com/index.php/topic,340.0.html

I still love that light... I keep chasing the postman but he doesn't seem to have a clue where it is...

Offline MRsDNF

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2014, 09:26:52 PM »
I know where the light your looking for is but I do have the same problem with the postie and a few other lights.
When the big picture is to big, look for a point you can start at and build from there.

Offline Lithium

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2014, 11:40:25 AM »
I'm carrying a Trustfire Mini-02 on my keychain, which covers 90% of my outside tasks. It is currently modded with a neutral XP-G R5 (Awesome pure white tint, don't know exactly which one, but I like it, even if I'm more a warm white guy) and a 45 TIR optic. It still has stock driver, since I mostly use it on high with a CR123A battery, it is ok.
First I put a warm MC-E in it, but it was dedomed after a few months of use, and the dedoming killed 3 of the 4 dies :/

My "inside-EDC" is a Zebralight H31fc...but since I got my Spark SF3NW from the recent group buy, I'm starting to like it more and more (wasn't so happy with it at first).

These both lights cover 99% of my use. The last 1% is covered by some incan (nothing fancy, Chinese or Surefire bulb in various hosts), a Convoy S3 XM-L2 High CRI with stripped TIR, and a Surefire KX4D head on a Solarforce L2M body, with NiCd battery pack  8)
(if you know how to mod this Surefire head, help me please!)

Offline IN caver

« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2014, 02:22:48 AM »
My current edc is a cheap autozone light I picked up for $5.  I threw in a xpg2 on copper and optic. Then opened up the tube to fit a protected 14500. No driver 1 mode real simple and bright. Best thing is it was made of spare parts so if it gets lost or destroyed I won't be upset.

Offline DBSAR

• Lounge Lizards
  • Flashaholic Lumeniphilis
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2014, 05:38:37 PM »
Right now in my pocket is a Thrunite Ti2, and on my keychain is a Trustfire Mini-01 with a XM-L2-4C mod.  :)
Let there be Light !

Online JohnnyMac

• Team Kronos
  • Administrator
  • TFF Co-Founder
    • Johnny Mac Reviews
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2014, 07:53:16 PM »
I am happy to have to update my EDC carry now.  After over 4-6 months of thinking I lost my Olight S20 forever I was working in one of the equipment cabinets at work 3 days ago when I felt something tug at my subconscious making me notice something out of the corner of my eye.  I looked up at the top of the cabinet and there, stuck to the metal with its magnet, was my precious S20!

W00T!!!
Filled with joy I snatched it and ran my eyes over it then hit the power switch and rejoiced when she lit up like I remember her doing.  Battery still with it's charge and eager to shed light into the dim corners of my life once again.  Giving Spirit one more audible prayer of thanks, I clipped it back into my front pocket where it belonged, right next to the T10S that's been covering it's duties as my EDC in its absence.

Reunited and it feels so good! ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 07:56:38 PM by JohnnyMac »

Offline Lithium

« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2014, 08:02:37 PM »
Good to hear! Glad you found your light, you got luck ;)