Author Topic: Unique fire UF-1405 mod  (Read 11622 times)

Offline 18sixfifty

• Global Moderator
Unique fire UF-1405 mod
« on: October 26, 2014, 09:41:11 PM »
Gearbest had these Unique fire zoomies on sale a few weeks back and I like them a ton. It's the UF-1405 the head is something like 72mm. 2x 26650 twisty head. 5 mode no memory starts on high. The driver is easy to mod with a resistor. I stacked two R150 on it. I tried three first but that just killed an emitter. I was experimenting with an old XML on a noctigon. So I dialed it back to the two resistors and it cracks. Well over 400kcd with a XP-G2 de-domed on a sinkpad. Nice neutral tint and tons of flood because it twists in a really long way. Twist in pill that's easy to work with but only takes the small sinkpads not the large ones.

Non-affiliate link

http://www.gearbest.com/led-flashlights/pp_71429.html

I can't think of a light that would crank that kind of Kcd for about $35 completed a year ago.

Offline MRsDNF

Re: Unique fire UF-1405 mod
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2014, 04:46:58 AM »
Sounds like a mega laser beam. You seem to really like your zoomies.
When the big picture is to big, look for a point you can start at and build from there.

Offline JohnnyMac

• Team Kronos
  • Administrator
  • TFF Co-Founder
    • Johnny Mac Reviews
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2014, 02:27:48 PM »
Yeah, that's gotta be a real laser beam light.  Great for pointing out stars and stuff but not really useful for anything else IMO.  Too narrow of a beam.  Still, kick ass job as always!  Might not be my bag but for those who love those tight throwers it's the bomb!  8)

Offline Cereal_Killer

• Commercial Traders
  • Killer Lumens
    • killerlumens.com
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2014, 06:22:31 PM »
I love throwers but still tho, zoomies arnt my thing. I do however have a 1405 on the way I plan to build as far as I can to have a toy. I have found myself carrying my SK98 some recently, its fun to have the laser beam sometimes, especially in heavily populated areas. Probably gonna use a buck driver (thinking about a highly modded LD-29 I have) and a dedomed XP-E2 for straight up throw. I do really like DJOzz's cut down shorty, especially in zoomed out mode, it looks totally bad ass. That will also give me really good runtimes with 5200's.

18sixfifty, got pic's?
Email me : Dan@killerlumens.com
my sales site : www.killerlumens.com (under construction)
blog : www.killerlumens.net (reviews and stuff)

Offline 18sixfifty

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2014, 02:45:00 AM »
I do like zoomies quite a bit. I like the mule mode for walking in the woods and then the laser quality for spotting deer when I get through the woods to one of the open fields. This thing is really a laser, it holds a tight beam for a long long ways. I have woods that are about a quarter mile from the back of my house and the beam is still tight when it gets there. Not the 1inch tight it is on a wall but still not lighting up an entire tree or even close to an entire tree.

Sadly no pics, I'm still struggling with my internet so I would probably get cut-off before the pics could download.

Offline MRsDNF

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2014, 06:41:09 AM »
Blame the well. The only light I have like that is not a zoomie. Its a DST with a dedomed XML-2 running at 5 amps. I was going to change it back to a normal XML-2 but everytime I take it out and light up a target at 500m it puts a smile on the dial and thats what its all about. Should I try a dedomed XPG-2? :P
When the big picture is to big, look for a point you can start at and build from there.

Offline 18sixfifty

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2014, 01:39:32 PM »
Blame the well. The only light I have like that is not a zoomie. Its a DST with a dedomed XML-2 running at 5 amps. I was going to change it back to a normal XML-2 but everytime I take it out and light up a target at 500m it puts a smile on the dial and thats what its all about. Should I try a dedomed XPG-2? :P

LOL it's not the well this time and yes old man you need to put in a de-domed XP-G2 the whole point of a thrower is that it throws!!!  ;D I would think that down under where the sun don't shine you would need something to fight off them fuzzy little bears and boxers with pouches.  :P

Offline MRsDNF

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2014, 06:46:28 PM »
The dogs saw there first Wombat the other day and wanted to go play. Not a good idea. They were stopped in time.

Offline 18sixfifty

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2014, 01:04:27 AM »
No wombats here but plenty of skunks and porcupines and my two dingdongs have managed to get into both of them.  :-\

Offline Cereal_Killer

• Commercial Traders
  • Killer Lumens
    • killerlumens.com
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2014, 06:21:52 AM »
One of my dogs (we have 5) is a skunk killer, this summer alone he brought me 3 dead ones (trust me, I know long before I make it to the door to find the dead one lol). Just within the last week he almost went to get me another one but I stopped him just in time. It's not like when you have multiple cat's and wonder who brought the mouse, there's no doubt who brought the dead skunk...

Trust me when I say I'm not at all the kind of guy that cares about clothes / fashion but one of my buddies is big into shoes (as In he gets a new $100+ pair every week, hey I get $100 in lights every week) and one time he was in a lottery to get some super limited edition nike's and he got drawn when all they had left was my size so he still bought them and gave them to me, like $180 I believe, 2014 limited kobey's) and I was wearin them one time when Mota brought a skunk home and they were ruined instantly while the guy that gave them to me happened to be here visiting. I felt like an bad friend lol, only had them about 2 months by then too.

Offline 18sixfifty

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2014, 02:27:04 PM »
That stinks (pun intended) 

Seriously though that is a bummer. One of my friends had a porky killer. Beautiful Rottweiler. She got into them so bad the last time that they ended up putting her down. She had so many quills lodged in her throat and esophagus that there was nothing they could do. She was really old at the time too so that was a consideration. Still my buddy was really upset about it. I think he stayed drunk for a week. My two dingdongs get a snout full and that's enough for them.

Last fall I thought I was going to get it by a skunk. I was walking one of the trails behind my house shining one of my new builds into the woods. I turned around to walk back up the trail and the skunk was no more than five feet from me with it back towards me. It just trotted down the trail and out of site. But that was close enough for me. I actually like skunks and prokies, they are both really cute animals but it's not cool having them around my house. Well my wife likes the porkies she makes craft stuff from the quills. I just go out and throw a pillow at them. Although sometimes I have to chase them down to get the pillow back. One time one went up a tree with my pillow stuck to it's back. I jumped up and grabbed it without thinking about it. Lucky it didn't fall on my head. That would have been just about my luck.   

Offline Cereal_Killer

• Commercial Traders
  • Killer Lumens
    • killerlumens.com
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2014, 01:17:55 AM »
Thankfully we dont have pokies here, I'm sure he would want them too (and wouldn't ever learn). He's always so proud of himself, slobbering everywhere and so covered in skunk spray he's yellow (all white pit with a brown eye and ears). Its not like when a skunk sprays you once to get away and then you both turn around and run, when they're dying (cause every time he's killed it, I dont think he's ever let one live) they spray all they got.

Offline 18sixfifty

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2014, 05:53:05 AM »
 I remember once when my Grandpa Killed one that was under our old farmhouse. He used a half stick of dynamite on it. I was pretty young then but I know I had never seen my Grandma so pissed off. The boards in the house came up and had to be all hammered back down, All kinds of stuff was knocked down all over the place and of course the whole house just reeked of skunk.

He was a big man and drank like one too. He was born in Russia if that tells you anything. He was snockered good and my Grandma went to town so he was going to get it one way or the other. He had tried three times before to kill that polecat and couldn't get it. Well he got it all right. Then he got it again when Grandma got home. Still one of my favorite memories though. 

Offline MRsDNF

« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2014, 07:38:19 AM »
I'll stick to the wombats. I cant imagine porcupines and skunks wondering around let alone the dogs attacking them and causing themselves carnage. Poor buggers.