Author Topic: What flashlight should I get? Let us help!  (Read 31924 times)

Offline Folomov

• Commercial Traders
Re: What flashlight should I get? Let us help!
« Reply #45 on: October 17, 2018, 02:30:25 PM »
For everyday carry, I recommend Folomov EDC-C4. Check it here: www.amazon.com/dp/B0782CQGBV

EDC-C4 is the shortest Micro USB rechargeable 18650 flashlight. 1200 lumens output.

The power bank function is also innovative. You can use EDC-C4 to charge your cellphone.

Offline Snowhawk

« Reply #46 on: October 29, 2018, 05:08:49 AM »
Hi all, I would appreciate your expert advice in recommending a flashlight for hunting. I would like to mount the flashlight to my rifle. Ideally it would have maximum throw (300metres or more) and a good bit of flood as well. I would prefer using 18650 cells as that's what I currently use. I would prefer simple switching modes without strobe etc..I have found that a less white colour light is better for targeting animals. It has been suggested to go for a Maxtoch M24 or Maxtoch 2x .... what do you think of these and does any one have an opinion of something similar or better. Cheers

Offline robo819

• Global Moderator
« Reply #47 on: October 29, 2018, 09:22:06 AM »
Hi all, I would appreciate your expert advice in recommending a flashlight for hunting. I would like to mount the flashlight to my rifle. Ideally it would have maximum throw (300metres or more) and a good bit of flood as well. I would prefer using 18650 cells as that's what I currently use. I would prefer simple switching modes without strobe etc..I have found that a less white colour light is better for targeting animals. It has been suggested to go for a Maxtoch M24 or Maxtoch 2x .... what do you think of these and does any one have an opinion of something similar or better. Cheers

The Maxtoch 2 X or M24 are hard to beat for a weapon mounted light. Both are great build quality and You sure wont find anything nearly as good for near the price I promise. (both lights under $100) 300 meters is easily achieved with the 2X even in Medium mode and the M24 isn't far behind in throw. Both will run for around 75 to 80 mins in HIGH mode without needing to step down and will hold FULL power the whole time with the regulated buck driver.
My Full Review on the 2X ..... Bare in mind my cheap video camera does not show near as true to life what you see as the still photos do.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 09:52:45 AM by robo819 »

Offline Snowhawk

« Reply #48 on: October 30, 2018, 04:54:05 AM »
Thank you very much.