Author Topic: Just got a crazy awesome knife in the post yesterday!  (Read 5084 times)

Offline JohnnyMac

• Team Kronos
  • Administrator
  • TFF Co-Founder
    • Johnny Mac Reviews
Just got a crazy awesome knife in the post yesterday!
« on: December 23, 2014, 02:07:33 PM »

I ordered a new knife for myself on AliExpress about three weeks ago, a Tunnel Ratt clone and OMG this thing is better than I can imagine either the Brous or the Praetorian being.  The build quality is truly top notch and the blade is over 6mm thick.  It's a massive knife and crazy good looking to boot.  $28 USD buys one hell of a knife! Check out this crazy cool blade! Like jmpaul said to me, "carrying that would feel like having a second cock", and he is absolutely correct! :D

Created with flickr slideshow.

Offline 18sixfifty

• Global Moderator
Re: Just got a crazy awesome knife in the post yesterday!
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2014, 09:18:07 PM »
Wow that is just crazy, add a zero onto the end of the price and it would still be a bargain if it was made in any place other than China. I think in some ways we are living in the golden age of imports right now. It reminds me of when Japan went from producing mostly junk to making some fantastic products. There were a few years, maybe a decade, when you could get fantastic deals on all kinds of things. Quality had gone way up and the prices hadn't caught up. I think prices will catch up in China for quality items sooner rather than later. It's a good reason to buy a ton of toys now while this lasts.  ;)

Offline MRsDNF

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2014, 05:27:51 AM »
Stoppit. Enough ok.  ;)
When the big picture is to big, look for a point you can start at and build from there.

Offline Spasmod

• Administrator
  • TFF Co-Founder
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2014, 07:40:56 PM »
Wow that is one sexy knife man!

Damn UK laws  >:(

Offline WarHawk-AVG

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2015, 10:36:17 AM »
Whoah...that is a big hunka chunka steel!

Offline Cereal_Killer

• Commercial Traders
  • Killer Lumens
    • killerlumens.com
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2015, 05:50:25 PM »
Wow that is just crazy, add a zero onto the end of the price and it would still be a bargain if it was made in any place other than China. I think in some ways we are living in the golden age of imports right now. It reminds me of when Japan went from producing mostly junk to making some fantastic products. There were a few years, maybe a decade, when you could get fantastic deals on all kinds of things. Quality had gone way up and the prices hadn't caught up. I think prices will catch up in China for quality items sooner rather than later. It's a good reason to buy a ton of toys now while this lasts.  ;)
I definitely agree. Tho I'm not active on blade forums anymore I still get about one knife a month as part of pass-arounds and in the last 6-8 months 2 of them have been Ti handle/ very very high end blade steel knives from China with very very good manufacturing and quality! (Both of them >$200 retail).
Email me : Dan@killerlumens.com
my sales site : www.killerlumens.com (under construction)
blog : www.killerlumens.net (reviews and stuff)

Offline Michael

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2015, 10:53:51 PM »
That's a great looking knife Johnny! I didn't realize there were many knife enthusiasts on here, I might have to post a few pics from my collection ;) I just got four new knives in the past month, so I'm a happy camper ;) I might have to get one like yours though, that's just gorgeous!